Monday, May 31, 2010

Blake is 5 Months Old!!

I know I am a couple days late in posting this, but we have been busy, busy, busy. And this little man has been the busiest of all of us!! Aside from the 3 (sometimes short) naps he takes each day, this little peanut is always on the go. Not literally, of course, unless you count jumping in his jumperoo, playing around in his exersaucer and rolling around the floor :-) He LOVES playing with toys these days, which makes it so much easier to entertain him. He really is the happiest little baby I have ever seen!


This has been a pretty productive month for my little man. He gained another pound (a solid 17 now :-), he is sitting up on his own for about 10 seconds before toppling over and...the most exciting development...we cut TWO teeth!!! Here he is showing them off...


I believe these two little teeth contributed to the major sleep issues we were having a couple of weeks ago. Although I can't say that Blake is sleeping the night yet, we have definitely made progress. He is going down for pretty consistent naps most days and he is only waking up 2 times a night. That is a HUGE improvement from 5 times a night :-) I also think the cereal and fruit/veggies he has been having twice a day is helping too. Our sleep plan is still on track. Now that naps are becoming more regular, we plan to start the night training soon. This is going to require some crying (but hopefully not much) so I hope he learns to sleep as quickly as Addie did :-)

So...that's my little Blake update for the month!! I am so happy that summer is here because this little winter baby has been dying to get outside. I am sure we will have a lot more "firsts" ahead of us this month, including a dip in Nana and Papa's new pool!!!! Happy Memorial Day everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. He is so big!!! Where does time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!!

    I'm new to your blog and love it! My little man is 3 & 1/2 months, so it's fun to see where he could be soon! I can see two of his teeth starting to come in on the bottom sides...but I thought he was too little to begin teething already? Plus they are not in the front where most babies get them first...but he has been drooling a lot and fussier than normal!!

    I look forward to reading your blog more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. His smile is so precious! And those two teeth make it even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, its hard to believe that Blake is 5 months old already! He has such a precious little face :)

    ReplyDelete