Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Breathe...and Reboot

Okay friends...in the infamous words of Carrie Bradshaw...it is time for this mama to "Breathe...and Reboot". Things have been just crazy around here lately. In addition to being sleep deprived for the past 4 months, I have also been potty training a toddler, teaching my baby to take a bottle, keeping up with normal household responsibilities, enduring my husband's insane work schedule, and planning/attending a number of birthday parties and celebrations. I looked around at my house tonight and saw piles of unfolded laundry, a to-do list on the counter that has now continued onto the second page, a stack of bills waiting to be paid, an empty refrigerator and a sticky note I put on our message board 3 weeks ago that says "Plan a date night". This is what I was talking about in my last post. Since I have been giving the kids my undivided attention during the day, and working to plan parties, wrap gifts, e-mail friends and blog at night...my household responsibilities and my mission to reconnect with my hubby have taken a backseat. And I know what needs to happen. I need to take a little break. I can't take a break from attending parties and celebrations (because those are important) and I certainly can't take a break from the kids. But what I can do is take a break from the computer and use my blogging/e-mailing/facebooking/googling time to get some things done...at least for a few days. I know that if I can get my house back in order and get back on track from this INSANE schedule we have been on, I know I will feel like a new woman. A little extra sleep would help too, so maybe I can squeeze that in there somewhere also...if Blake will let me :-) But don't worry...this break won't last long. I will be back Sunday for a little Mother's Day post :-) Have a great rest of the week everyone. I will miss you!

7 comments:

  1. Take as much time as you need for YOU and for you & hubby. We'll miss you but we'll be here when things calm down and you can come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- I am with you on needing a break. I have to admit that I should probably stop blogging for the next month, and spending time online, at least till this move is over, but sometimes it feels like my time reading blogs and writing is the only "me" thing I do in a given day. I hope you enjoy your respite, and look forward to your Mother's Day post. Happy Mother's day early by the way. Maybe Blake will give you a good night's sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your break! I hope you can get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never dissapoint with your posts... you're so on top of things and never keep your readers waiting! You deserve a break and to focus on things IRL! But don't think we don't want to hear about your date night when you get one! ;) I'll miss your posts that brighten my day though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need and deserve to take care of YOU and do what you need to do for your house, date nights, kids, etc....... Good luck with all of your to-do's Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we all need to "breathe and reboot." That's kinda why i've been MIA for the last two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Christianlouboutinmy.com,the summer is coming,what are you waiting for,just come and go shopping,here are our featured and best-seller christian louboutin products:chanel shoes chanel shoes jimmy choo jimmy choo manolo blahnik manolo blahnik louis vuitton shoes louis vuitton shoes Tory Burch Shoes and so on.

    ReplyDelete