Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Dad's Next Project

When Eric and I bought our house together a few years ago, the first thing my Dad said was "That backyard is perfect for a playhouse". I told him he needed to slow down because I didn't even know if we would have a girl to play in one! For all I knew, I could have ended up with all boys who would have wanted a tree house before a pretty little playhouse. So as you can imagine, when my dad found out that Addie was a girl, he was already drawing plans in his head. Again, I told him to slow down because Addie was SO not ready for a playhouse at 6 months old. Then last summer, when Addie was 18 months, my Dad started dropping hints that he wanted to build her one. Again, I told him to wait because I didn't know if Addie would even be into playhouses. At 18 months, all she wanted to do was run around the yard and chase Howie.

But now that Addie is 2 and a "big girl", she is ALL ABOUT playhouses and dolls and kitchens and tea parties and everything girly you can imagine. She spends a ton of time in the smaller plastic playhouse we have for her now so my Dad said he knew she was ready :-) I had told him once before that when it did come time for a playhouse, he needed to keep it simple and not go crazy. I should have known that he wouldn't listen to me. Just look at the plans him and my mom ordered this weekend...


When my parents showed me this picture today, I asked them why they didn't listen to me and keep it simple. And then my Dad said "I did listen. This is just a simple little cottage." And then my Mom said, "yeah...and I am just going to make it some simple little curtains." Aye yai yai.

So there you go. My parents next project. I am secretly SO EXCITED for this playhouse because I didn't have one when I was little and by the time my parents had a yard big enough to build one, I was too old and too cool. Well...I am NOT too cool now and you bet your sweet ass I will be playing in there with Addie all the time!!! And listen...don't feel bad for Blake right now. I know Papa is going to end up building something for him too. Maybe Eric will get that tree fort he always wanted. Ha!

Oh, and if you want to check out the plans for this playhouse for yourself, just click here. I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Memories for your parents and memories for your little girl to always cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Your family is sooo talented! Can't wait to see Addie (and you) enjoying it! :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing, what a lucky girl. And I"m sure her little bro will love playing in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple...not really!
    Stunning...definitely!
    I love, love love this playhouse, and I am sure Addie and all of her current and future friends will adore it! Your parents are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That playhouse is so cute! I wish I had something like that when I was little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's GORGEOUS! It's great you have such handy parents. Can't wait to see Addies house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhhh! I want to come over and play! LOVE IT! Addie is going to love it for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that looks AMAZING and it's going to be so much fun for you ALL to play in ;-) Wow, your parents are so incredibly talented Jen!

    I can't wait to see pics and updates as it's being built!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe her little bro will come mow the lawn in front of it and she can make lemonade in the playhouse for him. :-)

    Beautiful playhouse.

    ReplyDelete