Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pretty Much the Best Wife Ever...

My poor hubby has been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for the past two months. Since this project started, he has had a total of two days off...Blake's Baptism and Mother's Day. You'd think he would spend his nights complaining about how tired he is, how stressed he is, how over worked he is (because that's what I do :-)...but he doesn't. He comes home and asks how my day was and then helps me get the kids to bed. He is pretty much the best husband ever.

So today, the kids and I decided that if Daddy couldn't come to lunch...lunch would come to daddy. We packed a nice picnic and met Eric at a Forest Preserve near his job site. We had a nice meal, and then headed down the trails for a little walk. We found this great little look out spot over a pond...


Addie had a blast watching all the fish jump out of the water...


Blake was just happy to be out and about. He loves hanging in his stroller...


On the way back to the car, I walked with Addie and asked if we should get something special for Daddy since he has been working so hard...


She said "Uh huh" and I asked what we should get him. She suggested cookies, but I had something else in mind. Something that Eric has been secretly wanting...


Yeah...that's an iPad. One of the coolest gadgets I have ever seen. Eric has been drooling over it for months but instead of buying one, he came home the other day and said I should buy the book reader I have been wanting. See what I mean...best husband ever. I probably should have jumped at the opportunity, but instead I decided to sacrifice my reader and factor in a belated birthday/early father's day/you've worked so hard you deserve it gift...and went and bought him his iPad. Its on its way from Apple as we speak. And that, my friends, is what makes me pretty much the best wife ever. Hopefully Eric will think the same and let me read books on it at night when he falls asleep. Well, that is unless he takes it to bed with him. Ha!!!

4 comments:

  1. I got one for my hubby with the help of our P's for his b-day next week.

    **Hopefully he doesn't read this for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for a very deserving husband! You are the best wife ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had other ideas in mind... but I suppose that's not blogable!

    You're the best! How thoughtful of you to sacrifice your reader! What's irritating to me is that B could care less about most cool stuff like this! I always want to wow him and it rarely works.

    ReplyDelete