Sunday, May 9, 2010

To All the Mommies in My Life...

Being a good mom doesn't always come easy. It takes a lot of work, a lot of patience, a lot of love, and a whole lot of help from the other mommies in your life. I am blessed in that I have a ton of amazing mothers around me that I admire, respect, love and most of all...look up to. Without them...there is no way I would be the mother I am today :-) So, I would just like to say thanks to a few of the mommies that have touched my life in so many ways.

To Tara..



Becoming first time moms together was one of the most special moments in our friendship. I loved sharing our pregnancies together, our first baby experiences together, and most of all, I have loved watching our babies grow together. Connor and Addison are DEFINITELY getting married so that we can be linked for life. Well actually, since you are Blake's Godmother, you are already linked to us for life :-) You are a master of multi-tasking and the thing I admire most about you is your strength. You have absolutely no idea how strong you are and for that...I love and respect you more than you will ever know. I just know your mom is looking down from heaven right now and she is beaming with pride at the mother you have become. Thank you for being such a special part of my life :-)

To Linsey...



You are my partner in crime honey. You always have been. When I need someone to share my passions with, my fears with, my joys with, my glass of wine with...I know I can always count on you. It was hard to picture ourselves as mothers when we were running around college singing "Baby I Got Your Money", but looking at you now...I can't picture you as anything else. You are such an amazing mother to Kennedy and it shows. She is bright, beautiful, and funny...just like her mommy :-) And you did that. She is the way she is because of you. You are an inspiration to me and I am so thankful to have you back in my life :-)

To Tiffany...


At this very moment, you are in Jamaica saying "I Do" to a man that has totally and completely changed your life. Meeting him brought happiness, joy, love...and Sophie into your life. I can picture you in your beautiful white dress talking to Sophie today about how you are about to marry her daddy. She will know, better than anyone, what it means to live happily ever after because you have made her life a fairy tale. I hate the fact that you live so far away from me these days, but I know that it is all for good reason. You are such an incredible mommy Tif and when I say that I look up to you for all that you have done for your family...I mean it with all my heart. I hope you have a wonderful Wedding Day and Mother's Day :-)

To Mandy...


I often wonder how a full-time working mom can find enough time to spend with her kids, her hubby, her family AND her friends. I don't know how...but you have found this amazing balance as a career mom and that is definitely one of the things I admire most about you. You always make me laugh with your fantastic sense of humor and outlook on life. You take such great care of your boys (Jeff included :-) and I love that even with your crazy work schedule, you are able to do so much with them. I just know the boys are going to grow up and think you are by far the coolest mom ever. And you know what...I would have to agree with them :-)

To my Mommy-Board Girls...

I obviously don't have a picture to share of all of you, because we have never met in person!!! But after 3 years of friendship, I can honestly say that all of you girls have touched my life in a very special way. I have cherished every conversation we have had and I appreciate all the help, support and advice that each of you have shared with me over the years. You are all AMAZING mothers and I have learned so much from you. I can't imagine what mommyhood would be like without you :-) I look forward to the years to come and our big reunion trip to Disney one day. You girls are the best!

To my Cousin-in-law Katie...


If I could have even half of your patience and ease with children...I would be a lucky mama :-) You are always so calm and level-headed and those are two things I admire most about you. I have loved sharing both our pregnancies and births together and I am so grateful that our kids will have each other to play with (and share birthdays with) growing up. I hope you are enjoying your Mother's Day honey because you deserve it :-)

To my Cousin-in-law Maggie...


You are a Supermom Mag...you really are. You take wonderful care of your sweet baby boy, cook meals every night, keep an immaculate home AND work full time!!! And you do most of this on your own, running on very little sleep, and that is why I find you so amazing. You are a wonderful mommy and I am so happy to have you and Brennan in my life. Who would have ever known in high school, when we were sitting next to each other on the bus on the way to Pom camp, that we would be family one day :-)

To my Cousin Krissy...



I believe that you deserve much more than a day honey. I would say you deserve a Mother's Week. Ha! I still remember the day you called me and said "Dude...guess what. I'm having twins!!" I still can't believe that Evie and Presely are already here and almost 6 months old! I know some days seem like pure chaos and I know that you are just tired to the bone right now. But the fact that you, and you alone, carried a beautiful set of twins and brought them into this world happy and healthy is just amazing. I look up to you so much Kris and I think you are much stronger than you realize. You are a WONDERFUL mother and I am certain that Gracie, Presley and Evie know that. I am so happy that we can experience mommyhood together and count on each other when we need support. Thanks for always being there for me :-)

To my Sis Dana...



Girlfriend...what on earth would I do without you? Seriously. I thank God every day that you didn't take "no" for an answer when I said that I didn't want to be set up on a date with your brother. Haha! I can honestly say that without you, I wouldn't have Eric. And without Eric, I wouldn't have Addie and Blake. And without Addie and Blake, I would be lost. You were meant to be a part of my life from the beginning and I see that now more than ever. You are not only an incredible mother, but also an amazing aunt. I look up to you more than you will ever know. Your kindness, selflessness, compassion, and patience are what makes you such an amazing person and I am so blessed to have a mommy like you in my life. I love you babe!

To my Grandma...



When I think about you raising 3 girls all on your own, it makes me feel guilty for ever complaining about having a tough day with the kids. You sacrificed everything for your girls and you made them into the women they are today. They are all beautiful, successful, loving mothers (to humans and furbabies) and you should be so proud of the mother you are. I look up to you so much Grams, and I appreciate all the talks you have had with me since I became a mother myself. Your wisdom and advice is something that I will cherish forever. I love you so much.

To my Mother-in-Law Patti...



I know it is always a mother-in-law's mission to make her children's spouses feel like part of the family. And maybe that task came so easy for you since I have been a part of your life since I was a little girl. I remember you taking Dana and I to run errands, I remember you making ice cream sundays for us when we had sleepovers, I remember you wiping away our tears when we were having girl drama in junior high, etc. You see...you were a mother to me LONG before you actually became my mother-in-law. And maybe that is why our relationship is so wonderful. You loved me and cared for me long before you had to by law (ha) and I can't express how truly special and rare that is. You have always been a mother I looked up to and since you are responsible for bringing my best friend and my husband into this world...I guess all I really want to say to you this Mother's Day is thank you :-) I love you so much.

To my Mamacita...



Oh mama...where do I begin. To say that you are one of my best friends is an absolute understatement. You have been there for me in SO many ways throughout my life, but I never realized just how much I needed you until I became a mother. If it were not for your support, your patience, your advice, your guidance, your respect and your unconditional love...I know for a fact that I would not be the mother I am today. You are an amazing woman and you should be so proud of the family that you have created. I mean, just look at all of us!!



You and Dad are responsible for all the happiness you see in this picture. And our family is only going to grow from here :-) I am so happy and so very, very lucky to have you in my life mama. And in case you ever need a reminder of how special you are to me, just reread last year's Mother's Day post. Here's to another year of wonderful mommy and grandmommy moments together. I love you with all my heart!!!

There are so many other fabulous mommies I would like to mention in this post, but you'll have to excuse me because I have a very special date today with this little doll...



And this handsome man...



But before I go, I would just like to wish all of my friends, bloggy friends and family a very Happy Mother's Day!!!!! I hope all of you mommies and mommies-to-be have a beautiful day with your families :-)

6 comments:

  1. Jen, this post is so thoughtful. The whole "it takes a village" saying is what this post makes me think of. All of these wonderful mommies in your life have totally played a part in the mother that you are. I hope that you have a fabulous first Mothers Day with two peanuts! Addie & Blake are so lucky to have you! Take a load off & drink some wine lady! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Jen! Happy Mother's Day as well to my wonderful daughter! I am so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me crying with this one! What a beautiful post!! I feel sooo blessed to have you in my life and to have remained such close friends through the years! You have no idea how bad I wished that we lived closer to each other. You are a wonderful mother and I am so glad we can share this experience together!!! I love you TONS! Thank you for the sweet words! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post! I'm all weepy now (because of your post and because well, I'm in a weepy stage for awhile).
    I'm so happy that we've grown so close these past few years. Both of our lives have changed a ton since we first met, and I'm so appreciative of having a friend to walk through those changes with me. Without you, who would talk me off a ledge about Connor biting kids at daycare or find me great online coupons or go with me to see Harry Potter and Twilight movies??
    Just think, in about 23 years (I have them getting married at 25 :), you and I will be planning bridal showers and crying together at Connor and Addie's wedding!
    Love ya, chicky! I'll call you on Tues. this week after my appt.!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a gorgeous post! you have an amazing support system of moms!

    hope you had a fabulous mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, thank you so much for including me in your Mommy post. You and I have gone through so many great mile stones together, but becoming Moms has to be the greatest. You are such a wonderful Mom to your two beautiful babies! I miss you so much and can't wait for play dates this summer!

    Love ya,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete