Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To My Hubby on His Birthday...

I've spent the last month or so trying to figure out the perfect gift for your birthday. Last year, Addie gave you one of your gifts a few days early...


And revealed my little secret...


I realize now that there is just no way I am going to top a birthday gift like that. I mean...the only way I could top it is to tell you I'm pregnant again. BUT DON'T FREAK OUT...because I'm not :-) I'm just sayin it's a pretty hard to gift to top. I did manage to find you a few things...


But they still didn't have the "WOW" factor I was looking for.

But then today, while Blake was sleeping, Addie and I sat down to make you your birthday sign...


She just kept singing "Happy Birthday toooooooo Daddy" and then she would laugh at the top of her lungs. This of course woke Blake up but when I brought him out, he wasn't crying. He was just laughing at her and so she kept singing to him. We must have sang "Happy Birthday" 20 times before it hit me...the "wow" factor I was looking for. I realized that you already have the two most perfect gifts any Daddy could ever ask for. A beautiful baby girl and a handsome baby boy. Both of them are yours. And they love you more than anything in the world. So even though I am sure you will love your new shoes, clothes and BBQ set...I think the two gifts you will cherish the most are these two peanuts right here :-)


Oh, and maybe this delicious treat I have waiting for you after dinner...


I hope you have an amazing birthday sweetie. I love you with all my heart :-)

6 comments:

  1. Ok I saw the pic before I read the text. Got excited for another preggo buddy!! LOL.

    Happy Bday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he loves that you are just thinking of him and making him happy! Such a cute family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture of them all together... His little Mini Mes! However, Addie is looking more and more like you each time I see a picture of her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Happy Birthday to Eric! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your hubby! He sure does already have the best gifts ever...but you forgot to mention yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to the hubs! you sure have given him 2 cuties! how in the world did you keep a pregnancy secret until his birthday? how long did you know before?

    ReplyDelete