Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy 2nd Bloggerversary to Me!!!

2 years, 680 posts and 131 followers later...I am still happily blogging away. I can't believe it has been that long since I started this little online journal of my life and I can't believe so many of you are still stopping by on a regular basis :-) That means more to me than you could ever possibly know. I never imagined that blogging would introduce me to so many wonderful friends (most of which I have never met in person) and I certainly never imagined that something as simple as blogging could bring me so much happiness.

When I tell people that I have a blog, I am usually asked one of the following questions:

1. How do you find the time to do that every day?

2. Do you ever run out of stuff to talk about?

3. Don't you feel weird sharing so much about yourself with perfect strangers?

4. Will you ever stop blogging?

and my favorite...

5. Why do you blog?

Yes...I get asked that last question quite often and I have the perfect answer. Actually, I have the perfect answer to all of these questions and in case you were wondering about some of them yourself...I will share my answers with you.

1. Finding time to blog is actually pretty tough sometimes. Nap time and bed time are pretty much my two windows of opportunity each day. Sometimes there are more important things to do during those times, like spending time with Eric, cleaning, paying bills, grading papers (during the school year), catching up on TiVo, re-reading Twilight for the 40th time, etc. But no matter what is on my agenda, I can usually find at least 10 minutes to post about something. Blogging is my escape. My outlet. My journal. My "me time". My fun time. It's important to me, therefore I find time, even if it means staying up a little later than I should :-)

2. There are some days when I sit down at my computer and feel like I literally have nothing to say. Eric always knows when I am having one of those nights because he will look over and see me sitting like this...


The fact of the matter is...I just don't lead that exciting of a life. BUT...I do lead a full life. I have two beautiful kiddies, a great husband, a silly dog, a ton of wonderful friends and family, the opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mommy, a desire to be Martha Stewart, a love of reality TV and celebrity gossip magazines, a fear of cooking raw meat, an obsession with young adult fiction, a passion for writing and teaching writing, a mission to be more eco-friendly, a goal of becoming more organized, a plan to get back into shape, a love of decorating and scrapbooking, an addiction to clothes and purses and a love of blogging. Somewhere in all that I can usually find SOMETHING to blog about each day, even if I am the only one that cares enough to read about it :-)

3. If I felt the slightest bit weird about sharing my life with strangers, I wouldn't blog. Plain and simple. I am not a very quiet or private person in real life, so I wouldn't know how to be that way on my blog. I started this blog as a way of documenting my life and if I held back all the personal stuff...what would be left? The world is a scary place and I know privacy is important to some extent. But at the same time, I don't want to live in a box either. I enjoy sharing stories, thoughts, feelings, goals, and ideas with other people and I think that blogging is a great way to do that! So no...I don't feel weird at all :-)

4. As long as I can find the time and still enjoy doing it...I don't think I will ever stop blogging. In fact, the thought of stopping actually makes me sad. I love being able to look back at my archives and read about Addie's first steps, the day I found out I was pregnant for the second time, the day Blake was born, the day Addie met her little brother for the first time, etc. Having these special moments documented and archived so that I can look back whenever I want is priceless. And I like to think that Addie and Blake will enjoy reading what I wrote someday too.

5. When people ask why I blog the answer is always the same "Because I love it." And until I stop loving it, you can count on many, MANY more posts from me :-) So...here's to another fun-filled year of blogging! Happy Bloggerversary to me!!!

6 comments:

  1. I have become addicted to blogging as well! My first bloggerversary is coming up this month, and I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bloggerversary!

    I just love visiting you on your blog and I'd be sad if you ever stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2 years!!!

    My 1 year is in a few weeks, time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I've been reading your blog for that long! :) I would also be SO sad if you ever quit. I mean, you are my go to entertainment in class, long car rides, work (shh!), boring get togethers... I mean, hell, I checked your blog from a club in Hollywood! Ha! I was bored of dancing...

    Ok, I think I'm making myself look obsessed.... :o/

    Point is, you're an inspiration in so many ways and I have so enjoyed getting to know you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bloggerversary!! :) You best keep blogging, cause you are my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete