Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Killer Moth & Daddy the Hero

At 1:00 a.m. last night, I heard Addie start shouting over her monitor. She doesn't usually wake up in the middle of the night unless she has had a nightmare. I waited just a moment to see if she would fall back asleep, but her cries got louder. She started shouting, "BUGGY MAMA!!! BUGGY!!!!"

I shuffled down to her bedroom and could here her shouting "BUGGY!!!" the whole time. When I walked in, she looked so relieved to see me. She said, "A Buggy Mama...a BIG buggy". I then said, "Aww...did you have a bad dream about a buggy?" And she said "No Mama...Buggy is flying!!" I picked her up out of bed and patted her on the back. I asked her to point to the buggy but she just kept looking around like she was confused. I told her it was all a bad dream and that the buggy was gone. And then, just as I had her calm and convinced the bug was gone, I looked over at her closet (which had a light on inside) and saw a freaking HUGE moth come flying out. This sucker was ginormous. I swear to God...it could have been a bat. I of course kept perfectly calm and walked her out of the room. Oh who am I kidding. I screamed my ass off and then ran out of her room shouting for Eric.

He was already up listening to us talk on the monitor, so he met us half way down the hallway with a rolled up newspaper. I didn't even have to say anything. He just smiled and said, "I got it. I got it." I could hear the moth repeatedly ramming his body into the bedroom door trying to find the opening. SICK. But seriously, why are moths so uncoordinated?


Eric was in Addie's room for at least 10 minutes hunting this bat-sized moth. I heard him swatting and missing. I think I might have heard an F-bomb or two as well. FINALLY...he came out of the room a hero. The buggy was gone.

Eric looked at Addie and said, "I got him honey!" and she just said "Yay Daddy. Woohoo!!!" Then she threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek. She looked at the trash can and said, "Bye Bye Buggy. See ya!"

Eric and I both took her into the bedroom to lay her back down, but she wasn't interested in me. She just kept saying "Thank ya Dada, Wuv you Dada" followed by many kisses. I guess I don't blame her either. Eric did rescue us from the killer moth that would have surely eaten our faces off in the night. So babe...if you are reading this on your new iPad today...thanks for being our hero. We love you :-)

4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest story!

    I'm so glad I found your blog again...I hadn't read you in months...we made the big move from Vancouver BC to Frisco Texas. Life is resuming to normal now and I can spend some time catching up..and ugh, a little late..but Congratulations on the newest addition..he's adorable!

    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I probably would have been screaming louder than my little one. I despise moths!

    Glad you got him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siiiick! Reminds me of my early morning encounters with cockroaches when we lived in AZ! Yuck yuck yuck! Thank goodness Eric saved the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Goodness for the Boys! I hate buggy's too! We had a big one in the house just yesterday and that sucker wouldn't even flush right!

    ReplyDelete