Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

That's what Addie wore to Nana and Papa house for her first swim in their new pool!!! The weather was BEAUTIFUL today and we took full advantage (please disregard my lack of make-up and blinding white skin)...


I signed Addie and I up for a swim class on Saturdays and they start this week. I was a little nervous about taking her to my parents today because if she didn't like the water...I knew we would be in trouble come class time this weekend. But to my surprise, she LOVED being in the pool!! She wasn't afraid of anything (which is a good and bad thing :-) Nana and Papa bought her several different blow-up toys and rafts to play on, but Addie thought it was much more fun to stand by herself on the stairs and whack a noodle on the water. Hey...whatever floats her boat :-)


Blake, on the other hand, was all about chilling today...


He loved swimming around with his mama...


And stopping for a cuddle every now and then...


I felt bad that my parents bought so many blow up toys and no one was riding in them, so I decided to put the B-man in one to see if he liked it...


Yeah...not so much. Sorry mom and pop! Looks like Howie will be the only one riding in raft this summer :-)

So, now that we have given my parent's pool our first test run, I know EXACTLY what we will be doing every day for the rest of the summer. Ha!! Thanks for a fun day Nana!! See ya tomorrow...and the day after....and the day after....

8 comments:

  1. I am SOOO jealous! I grew up with neighbors who had a pool like that, and went to swim constantly! I can't wait to take my little man in the water either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun. You can come over any time you want!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly cute! :) I'm sure Addie will LOVE the water! I took swimming lessons from 6 months old until I was 5. Never ever feared the water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! :) did you find a bathing suit? I just ordered three last night... hopefully one will suit me best! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Addie looks adorable in her little yellow bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! A pool would be really nice here this weekend. It's going to be HOT!

    ReplyDelete