Sunday, June 20, 2010

To the Daddies In My Life...

Here is a special Thank You to all the amazing daddies in my life...

To Uncle Kevin...

Kev...you are a Super Daddy. And I don't say that in jest...I really, really think you are a SUPER Daddy. You have such patience and ease with children, I often wonder if you were a Manny in a another life :-) No matter where we are or what we are doing, you always look after Addie and Blake the same way you look after your own precious peanuts. You are one of the funniest, sweetest, kindest Uncles a kid could ever ask for and we are all so lucky to have you in our lives.

To Uncle Ryan...


I know you don't have any children of your own...yet...but I have had the privilege of watching you be an amazing God-Daddy to Addison these past two years. Words cannot describe the amount of love that little girl has for you and it's because you have been such a huge part of her life. By making time to see her, play with her, spoil her and shower her with love, you are showing her (and the rest of us) what an incredible Father you are going to make some day. Thank you so much for all that you do for my kids Ry...I love you to pieces :-)

To Uncle Adam...


I know you don't have any children of your own yet either, but that hasn't stopped you from showing all of us what an amazing father you are going to be some day. Blake is so incredibly lucky to have a God-Daddy like you in his life to teach him the important things. You know, like how to ride 4-wheelers, play in the dirt, shoot a gun, fish, fix cars, etc. But more importantly, how to be a caring, loving, responsible, amazing man because that is exactly what you are. Addie and Blake are both so lucky to have an uncle like you in their lives. I love you so much Ado!

To My Father-in-Law Steve...


There are two very important things that I admire most about you Steve. The first is the way you value your family, and the second is your unwavering faith in the Lord. I see now why Eric values our family the way he does...it's because you taught him that. You taught him that it's the Father's job to be the protector and provider and both of these things don't come without sacrifice. But if you love your family, its all worth it in the end. After all, you taught me that life is about two things...Family and God...and I am going to remember that every day of my life. Eric and Dana are so lucky to have a Father like you, and Kevin and I couldn't ask for a better Father-in-Law. Thanks for everything you do for us and the kids. We love you so much!

To My Daddy-O...


While Ryan and Adam have always been your "buds", I have always been your "girl". Our relationship is one that many women would kill to have with their fathers. We have always been open and honest with each other, and you have always gone above and beyond to make me feel safe, loved and taken care of. You have always put Ryan and Adam and I above your own wants and needs, and that is something that none of us will ever take for granted. You are one of my best friends Daddy-O and I thank God every day that I have you in my life. I love being able to watch you with my babies and I will cherish every memory you make with them. You are the kind of Father that all men hope to become and I want you to know that you are the best father I could EVER ask for. I love you with all my heart Pops. Thank you for everything you do for us.

To the Love of My Life...


When we got married, I never questioned whether or not you would be a good father. I knew from the day I met you that you would make the BEST husband and father a girl could every ask for. You had proved time and time again what an amazingly loving person you are, but that still didn't prepare me for the overwhelming awe I felt the day I watched you hold Addison for the first time. And then again the day I watched you hold Blake for the first time. And then again they day I watched you hold both of your babies together for the first time. The love in your eyes was noticeable to everyone in the room and I see that same look every single day. I love watching you interact with Addie and Blake and the way you make even the small things extra special. The kids and I are SO lucky to have you in our lives and I can honestly say that I don't know what I would ever do without you. You are my love, my best friend, and my partner. Thank you for everything you do for us babe. We love you more than words can ever say.

So to all the amazing daddies in my life, I hope you have a very Happy Father's Day!!! You all deserve it :-)

4 comments:

  1. I read this right after I wrote my post for my dads... Of course, I'm bawling. You have a much better way with words! Excellent post, just as expected. I am so glad that you have a special relationship with your dad... really. I can't wait to be able to have the same feelings that you do about Eric with your kids. :) Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! I don't heart you right now!!! Kidding...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Father,I can not ask for better kids, better kid-inlaws and grand kids than I have now. I am blessed with the best. thank you, Jenny and all my KIDS!! for the great Fathers Day!!!!
    LOVE YA ALL!
    POPS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great weekend Jen! You have lots of great men in your life =)

    ReplyDelete