Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July Flashback

I don't know why, but I love looking back at old pictures whenever a holiday approaches. 4th of July weekend is always such a fun time with family and friends because it isn't a high maintenance holiday. There are no gifts to buy, no decorating to worry about, no cakes to bake, etc. Everyone just gets together and has a blast!!! 3 years ago, before the kiddies arrived, our family was all about CAMPING!! Here is a pic of my brother and sister-in-law's SWEET camper...


Pretty sure the kitchen inside is nicer than the one in my house. Ha!


And here is the great sitting area, that was usually filled with tons of magazines, snacks, games and beer :-)


Going camping was the best because we would spend the afternoon grilling, eating and playing some ball...


And then when the sun went down (and our parents went home), we would spend the night relaxing...


And doing a little of this...


And a little of that...


And it was easy to do all those things because at the time, the only kids we had to worry about were these three...


But then Miss Addie came along and we moved the party inside to Uncle Ryan and Aunt Meagan's place...


This is still one of my FAVORITE pictures of Addie. What a patriotic chunk she was that year!!!


And then last year, we moved the party to the zoo. 4th of July weekend at the zoo was actually awesome for all of us because there were very few people there!


Mima Patti, Nana Jan, Aunt Dana, Nia and baby Nolan were all there too. We had a great day!


This year, we are still passing up the camper for some cookouts at Uncle Joes and my parent's house, but Diana and I made a deal that we would get the whole family out for some camping again next year!!! Can't wait...its been a looooooong time since I had a few beers and a campfire pie :-)

Happy 4th of July Weekend Everyone!!!

P.S. PLEASE don't forget to enter my SIL's FABULOUS giveaway. Head on over to her blog before it is too late!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I forgot that was the 4th when we went camping that time! That was one of the funnest!! Did you ever figure out how to sit in a hammock the right way?? And I don't think I have played catch or hit a birdie since. :( Oh, and cheers to the best "cool" showers anyone ever had!!! Man it was HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah I would love a camper! Probably the only way I would camp but I do want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I miss camping too! we have to go at least once this year.
    Di always puts on a great feed bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love camping. Its what the 4th used to mean to me! Now I feel so bad for my terrorized dogs and all the other animals that I'm not a big fan of the 4th. Hopefully someday I will be again! I can't wait to go camping this summer. We go to cool lakes and take the boat. Campfires at night and tubing by day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap that is one nice camper!! 4th of july is the best:) bbq's, bonfires, and fireworks!!

    ReplyDelete