Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blake is 7 Months Old!!

Yeah...so...remember yesterday when I said Blake would be turning 7 months in "just a few short days?" Well...apparently I have absolutely no concept of time these days because he actually turned 7 months YESTERDAY!!!! I guess it just didn't seem possible that it could already be July 28th and that my sweet baby boy was already that old :-( So...this update is coming to you just a day late :-)

A baby's development at this age is nothing short of amazing. I watch Blake grow and learn and change before my very eyes every day. He has become such a curious little guy...always looking around and playing with anything he can reach...


Physically, Blake has developed a lot this month too (and packed on another pound to his meaty little body). He has become so much more active and playful. Naps are just not important to him I guess because he rarely sleeps for longer than 30 minutes at a time. But, in his defense, I do think it has had a lot to do with the two new top teeth we cut this month...


Those two teeth really did a number on my little guy and what little progress we had made in the night sleep department has been set back a bit. But that's okay...I am almost use to the wake-ups and I find myself enjoying our alone time together. I am not always a huge fan of the 2:00 a.m. alone time but hey...I'll take if for now :-) I do feel that crying it out is on the horizon though and I suppose that day will come as soon as I hit that inevitable wall when alone time in the middle of the night is no longer fun :-)

In other news, Blake has also been enjoying his first summer. We have been swimming at Nana and Papa's a LOT and when we aren't there (and the temperature isn't in the 90s) we like to take advantage of our great backyard...


Sitting in the grass is one of the few things he can do outside...


But his big sister provides PLENTY of entertainment...


I can't believe we already have another month under our belt. I know I say it every month...but I really wish time would slow down. Seeing how fast it goes makes you want to try harder to cherish every second of it. So...I am going to go do that right now :-) Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. 7 months...holy cow. Where did this year go!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cutie pie:) I didn't realize he was only a month and a half older than my tator tot. It's amazing how much of a difference there is in development in just that month and a half!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so precious!! i love the teethies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like he should only be 2 months. I suppose that means we get old that fast too! Oh, don't think I like the sounds of that! He gets cuter and we get wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little chunk!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is SO cute! Makes me want a little one! :)

    ReplyDelete