Friday, July 16, 2010

Making Happy Memories

When the kids were younger, playdates weren't exactly "play" dates. The kids weren't really sure what to do with themselves so they just kind of ran around and did their own thing. But now that the kids are a bit older and enjoy interacting with each other, playdates have taken on a new form. I see the kids traveling in packs now and it is SO fun to watch. If one is by Blake, they are ALL by Blake...


If one is eating lunch, they are ALL eating lunch...


If one is bouncing in the bounce house, they are ALL bouncing in the bounce house...


And if one is reading, they are ALL reading...


I wish I would have had a video camera handy when the kids were saying goodbye to each other after their playdate earlier this week. Listening to all their sweet voices saying, "Bye Nia. See you!" and "Bye Megan. Come over again!" was too cute for words. I am so happy that the kids get to grow up together and play whenever they want.

Childhood is short...and so is life...so making these happy memories for them to reflect back on is important. I think we all need to focus on these moments, instead of the stress and drama that comes naturally with life. Afterall, as my SIL Diana pointed out to me yesterday, it doesn't matter if we are good moms or bad moms...it just matters that we ARE moms. We are lucky and blessed beyond belief. And she is absolutely right. So...I plan to spend the rest of this weekend making many more happy memories with my family :-) Enjoy your weekend friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment