Thursday, July 22, 2010

Operation HMB: Running Update Week 5

I can't believe it. I mean seriously...Can. Not. Believe. that I am almost half way through my Couch to 5K program!!!!!!! I am only one day away from completing Week 5 and I feel great!! Today I ran two, 8-minute run sequences and lived to tell about it!! 5 weeks ago, an 8-minute run would have taken me out. Eric would have found me in the neighbors yard, curled into the fetal position, crying for him to come pick me up and carry me home. But today...I ran through those 8 minutes like a woman on a mission...


A mission to get healthy and get in shape. 6 weeks ago, I said there was no way in hell I would ever love running. I hated it...with a fiery passion. But here I am, 6 weeks later, waiting impatiently for my next run. How did that happen? I mean really...how??? I don't know if it is the challenge of it all, the peace and quiet I get for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, or the extra pounds that I am finally starting to drop...but whatever it is...I've got the fever. I am starting to feel stronger and faster with each run and for the first time...my goal of running a 5K seems attainable. And that just makes me want to laugh hysterically because I am SO NOT A RUNNER! Correction...wasn't a runner. But now I am. Now I am one of the chics out on the road at the crack of dawn in her little running outfit sweating to Black Eyed Peas. That's me!! I'm doing it! I'm in the club! And I couldn't be prouder of myself for sticking to it.

BUT...I still have a ways to go. The runs are about to get a LOT harder in the coming weeks and I know my confidence will be put to the test. I know I will keep going because this is important to me, but I always like having a reward at the end of something big like this. When I was on Weight Watchers, my reward for reaching my goal weight was to go out to a nice restaurant and get the most indulgent meal and dessert they had. Let me tell you...it was worth EVERY calorie. And I really looked forward to that night out with my hubby. So...what do you all think my reward should be at the end of the program? I have already done food, so I was thinking something else. A spa treatment? Shopping? A pair of skinny jeans? What sounds like an appropriate reward for a goal like this? I know I know...the feeling of accomplishment should be enough. And it will. But I still like excuses to get a massage or go shopping. Ha!

6 comments:

  1. Aren't almonds a good treat? Ya know, with you being nuts and all! Teehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job momma....send this motivation my way come Dec/ Jan when baby is out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jen!!! I can think of a million rewards! Maybe a "girls" day in the city!!! You, me, Di and Meagan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I would like jogging until I downloaded the Couch to 5K. For some reason it makes it easier and more do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to be a member of that club. You have me almost convinced I could do it too! Keep up the good work..oh and your reward..shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reward... girls day INCLUDING me! Ha!

    No really... a spa package, shopping, then dinner & Chelsea Handler in the city!

    ReplyDelete