Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Sickies, A Broken Limb, and Some Sunshine

Nothing sucks worse than a summer cold. You're trapped in the house, staring out the window at the sunshine, wishing you could be playing instead of laying on the couch with the sniffles. Poor Blake got the sickies first two weeks ago, and then I followed suit and spent last weekend with a runny nose and headache :-( I was really hoping that Addie was in the clear but nope...Friday she came down with the same thing. Poor babies...


But don't worry...the kiddies were in good spirits the whole time and I made sure to give them lots of extra TLC (and popsicles :-) The only thing that made the sickies a little easier for Addie on Saturday was all the rain we had! She knew she couldn't go outside in the storm so it was a little easier to convince her to do puzzles and color at her table. The storms were actually pretty brutal this weekend and one of our favorite trees suffered a serious injury...


I think Eric was more upset then I was. I swear I saw him give the broken limb a moment of silence before he and Uncle Joe chopped it up and hauled it away :-( Damn storm...why couldn't it have taken down our crappy mailbox instead?

So...after we got over the sickies and recovered from the big storm, God gave us a BEAUTIFUL Sunday. It was sunny and a lot less humid, which made it a perfect day for swimming in Nana and Papa's pool! I didn't take any pictures because we were too busy lounging and relaxing. You wouldn't even know Addie was sick by the way she was jumping and swimming and playing around today. Kids are so resilient :-)

Well I hope all of you had a nice weekend too! It's funny...even though I don't work outside the home anymore, I still really dislike Mondays. Why is that I wonder????

5 comments:

  1. Dang! That was a pretty good sized limb! Musta been a HoTree??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I would have been sad for the lost limb too...I love BIG trees!

    Poor kiddies :( Summer colds make no sense at all. I haven't been feeling the greatest since returning home and it's probably all those germs that were on the plane. ick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that the kiddos are getting better! Your poor tree..that was a serious storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone is feeling much better! That is too bad that your tree was injured...it looked really pretty. Several weeks ago we had some bad straight line winds. Two tree across the street were spit in half and it makes me so sad to look at them because it was so pretty and now looks weird and lopsided. Darn weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that was a huge limb!! I'm sorry the tree broke his arm :(

    ReplyDelete