Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Some Boobie Pain and a Fabulous Reunion!

For starters, I just want to apologize for my lack of post yesterday. After a rather long day of playing with the kids, running errands and grabbing dinner with Nana, I started developing some serious boobie pain. I am still nursing Blake and I was pretty certain what the pain was from. A clogged duct (sorry...I know that is TMI but I am going to continue anyway). Whenever I get a clogged duct from nursing, I usually try my hardest to work it out before it turns into something more serious, like Mastitis. But last night I wasn't so lucky. The pain got worse as the evening went on and by dinner time, I had developed a fever to go with it. BOO!!! I did not want to spend my night in the E.R. so I did everything I could to make it go away on it's own. I drank tons of water, took a Motrin to help with the pain, and stood in a hot shower for close to an hour trying to work out the lump. Finally...it went down and I was able to fall asleep. This morning it was totally cleared up and I am SO THANKFUL because I had a very important day planned today. I was finally going to get to see my BFF Tiffany!!!!!

Tiffany and Sophie moved away almost a year ago and we haven't had a chance to meet up since Blake was born. We had been trying to get together with the kids for weeks now and we finally made it happen today. My mom and dad were nice enough to let us playdate at their house so the kiddies could use the pool. Tiff and I had such a great time catching up...


And the kiddies had a great time catching up too...


Miss Sophie was in love with Blake and he was pretty sweet on her too. Already going for the older chics...


I can' t believe how much Sophie has grown since the last time I saw her. She is looking more and more like her mama every day and I can't get over her gorgeous long wavy hair!!!


Such a doll. Tiff is still in town a few more weeks and I really hope we can get together a few more times before she goes. Although, I also hope we can sneak in a "mommies only" night in there too so we can really catch up :-)

Thanks for the great playdate Tiff!!! Love you bunches!!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute kiddies!!! I want that deck with the pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear ALL the Girls are happy today. Including the two-legged ones in the pool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the milk finally let down and you could avoid an infection. It happened to me so many times when I was pumping. I used to put a SUPER SUPER hot washcloth (like nuked in the microwave hot) on the infected boob, get on all fours, milk the sh*^ out of the boob, and let gravity take control. Worked every time, until the last one when it shifted to mastitis. Oh, you do NOT want that pain. Awful, awful, awful!
    Remember when you used to talk with girlfriends about cute boys and now you talk about clogged milk ducts?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay the kids are sooo cute!! And I am sorry about your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrified of breast feeding for that exact reason! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete