Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spending Some Time With My Nook

I know I usually recap our weekend on Sunday nights, but since there isn't anything too exciting to chat about, I thought I would take advantage of some reading time with my new NOOK!!!!


Before Eric's iPad arrived, he promised me I could read books on it at night when he went to sleep. Yeah, well, that was before he discovered Battleship. Now he stays up playing while I stay up reading books on my iPhone. Surprisingly, reading on my iPhone hasn't been that bad! I actually contemplated scratching the idea of an e-book reader all together.

But then...my Mom let me play with her Nook.

First mistake.

Then, my SIL Diana told me about her new Nook and how much she loved it.

Second Mistake.

And finally, after dinner on Saturday night, Eric thought we should go over to Barnes and Noble and just look at the Nooks.

Third and final mistake.

Once I played with one and Eric saw how excited it made me, he told the chic at the counter to ring us up. I fought him for a few minutes, saying we should wait until my birthday. But then I remembered that my birthday was still 3 months away...so I let him win :-)

I am now the proud owner of a Nook and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! The buyers remorse is gone, especially since the price has dropped so much in the last month. But I am on serious budget lockdown now. Oh well, it is worth it :-)

Okay...enough typing. I have some reading to do. Until tomorrow friends!

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky!! I'm still reading books on my iPhone. I'm anxious to pick up an iPad though, would be so much easier to read on :)

    ReplyDelete