Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Nia Beanie!!!!

Today is my niece Nia's 3rd birthday!!!!


How is it even possible that this cutie is already so old? She just started preschool and has developed the sweetest, sassiest little personality! She is 3 going on 30 :-)

We celebrated her birthday last night at what Nia likes to call "Old McDonald's" :-)


When it comes to kids parties, you just can't go wrong with a huge tray of cheeseburgers and french fries :-)


Or in Addie's case, a party hat and a box of chicken nuggets :-)


The playland in this McDonald's was HUGE and I thought Addie would be all about it...


I mean, Nolan thought it was great...


And so did Brennan...


But my little peanut didn't want anything to do with it. She climbed up to the top one time and had a nervous breakdown. She wouldn't go down the slide or climb back down the way she came. She just stood at the top screaming. So I had to go in after her. Yes, I climbed through the playland and had a massive panic attack. The tunnels were so small and all I could see were kids and different tubes and it took me almost 15 minutes to find her. And then when I got to the top, she refused to come back down with me. So Eric had to climb up the slide and rescue us both. What I wouldn't give to have had pictures and video of that whole scene.

As you can imagine, she had no desire to go back up. So instead, she chose to be the gate keeper for everyone else...


At least a few of the kids had fun going down the slides...



After all the food, cake and presents, the kids were POOPED!


And so were the parents :-) But before we left, we had Birthday Girl Jill take a picture with Birthday Girl Nia :-) The age is almost right...you just need to throw a zero on the end for Jill. Ha!


Today was Day 2 of Nia's birthday celebration and we headed to the zoo!!! It was a great day but I was too tired to take any more pictures. Our birthday marathon these last few days has been SO much fun...but this mama is ready for a little break. Speaking of which, I am going to go spend a little quality time with my Nook. Have a great day everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Addie looks like such a mini-Jen in those pictures!! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I can't believe you got stuck in there for so long! EWWWW! The first thing I think of is limited air supply = no ventilation for stinky kid feet and farts! HAHAHA!

    Hope Nia had a great time with her buddies!

    ReplyDelete