Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm a C25K Graduate!!!!

You read that correctly friends...I am officially a Couch to 5K graduate!!!!! And thanks to my little peanut Addie, I have a "diploma" to prove it :-)


I completed my final run of the program this morning and it felt WONDERFUL!!!!! I ran 3.2 miles today without feeling like I was going to die. In fact, I almost felt like I could go a little longer!!! Isn't that insane?!!!

When I started this program, I knew that I would finish it. That was never a question, because once I set my mind to something, I usually follow through (call it stubbornness if you will :-) But I never thought I would be able to keep up with the pace of this program, especially when it jumped from running 8 to 20 minutes in one week. But when people say that this program really works...they aren't kidding. I feel fantastic and to treat myself to a little "graduation present", I ordered a pair of skinny jeans from the GAP. In a size 6 (which is a size down from when I started the program). I got them in the mail the other day and guess what....THEY FIT ME!!!!!!! I can wear skinny jeans!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Eric said I should post a picture in my new jeans but I feel weird. I don't do well with model poses, so maybe everyone will catch a glimpse in some pictures from the birthday party we are going to tonight. I actually don't even care what the scale says or what size I am wearing...it really just comes down to the fact that for the first time in a looooooong time, I am feeling good about my body. I look at myself in the mirror and don't have that horrified look on my face anymore. Sure, I still have a flabby tummy, some cellulite, a giggly booty and a few extra "soft spots" that I would like to work on but those things aren't that important to me. But feeling good about myself is and this program has literally changed my life. I'm a runner and proud of it :-)

Now...what next you ask? RACE TIME!!! In order to fully complete this mission I am on, I need to run in a 5K race. I was looking at running one on September 11th, but I think I have decided to wait until the September 26th race I originally planned on running when I started the program. I think having another month to run and train will be good for me and hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler by then.

So...one month to race time!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who has offered me such wonderful encouragement and support during this program. I couldn't have done it without you :-)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's such a great accomplishment and Yay to skinny jeans!!

    http://breezybeachlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!! And you only hurled once!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! I wish I had the motivation to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you! I knew you would do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! :) You look FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,
    wha trainning program was it? email me the link. thanx. Jill

    PS: Congrats! I remember my first 5k, it was at corn fest in Morris and Shannon ran it with with for support _ I am sure she could have went a lot faster but she helped me thru it the whole wway it helped. I cant run outsidfe in the summer w/ my ashtma but i start back up soon maybe if i get back into them we can do on in the spring or realllly late Fall. You look great momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment! I am really struggling and need to get back to it. Any tips on getting past that HUGE jump from 8 minutes to 20 minutes? I am still struggling with running the 8 minutes let alone jumping all the way to 20!

    ReplyDelete