Thursday, August 19, 2010

Martha's...I Mean Jen's...Calendar

I'm not sure if you know this, but I am kind of in love with Martha Stewart. I love reading her magazine every month and if you love decorating, baking, cooking, crafting, or all of the above, I highly recommend you ask Santa for a subscription...


The first thing I read in every issue is "Martha's Calendar". I don't know why, but reading about what she is doing every day is just fascinating to me. On Monday, she will have "Launder summer weight blankets and linens and store for the winter" and then on Tuesday, it will say "Present at conference in Stockholm, Sweden". Her calendar is SO very different from mine, but I still love reading it because any woman who can appear on the NBC Today Show AND prepare her greenhouse for tender plant cuttings in one day is my hero :-)

I guess there is just something fun about reading other's people's calendars. My sister-in-law Diana should truly be keeping a calendar on her blog because aside from a conference in Sweden, she is keeping pretty close to Martha's calendar with her honey harvesting, canning, cider making, etc.

I, on the other hand, will give Martha a run for her money when it comes to parties and celebrations this week. The fun starts tomorrow when my BFF Tiffany and I will celebrate her daughter Sophie's SECOND birthday with a playdate!!! How can this little peanut already be 2?


And then on Saturday, this little hottie will say goodbye to her 20's. Don't worry, a night out in the city will make her forget aaaaalllll about it :-)


And then on Sunday, this hot mamacita will be celebrating her 3o + 16th birthday!!! But seriously, she doesn't even look close to that does she :-)

*UPDATE: The above statement is just another piece of evidence that I am far from a math genius. That should be 30 + 26 for my mama. Yeah....I really don't know how I got out of college. Ha!*


And then on Monday, we will be celebrating this sweet little peanut's 3rd birthday!! Our little Nia is growing waaaaaayyyy to fast!!!!


And then on Wednesday, Eric and I will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary! I don't know where the last 4 years have gone, but we have two beautiful children to show for it :-)


On Thursday, this pretty little lady (a.k.a. my Grams) will celebrate her birthday too!!! She claims she is in her 80s, but I just don't believe it :-)


You'd think my week would end here, but I still have to teach my very first class of the semester on Friday. WHEW!!! I'm tired just reading all this!!!

As you can see, I have a crazy busy week ahead of me and as much as I would like to promise a post every day like usual, I know that isn't going to happen. I have to find time in all this madness to work on my course syllabus, wrap a bunch of presents and get my house together for the week. So...I will be taking a break from Eco-Friendly Friday this week to focus on school and family, but don't worry...next week's DIY post will be well worth the wait.

Stay tuned for lots and LOTS of pictures this week :-) Happy Thursday everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey daughter...thanks for saying I'm only 30 + 16. I think you meant to say 40 + 16 or 30 + 26. No matter how you say it, it's still 56!!!!!! Oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's so weird that you're posting about this topic because I've become a little Martha obsessed lately! I've always liked her but now I just can't get enough. I actually hang her calendar on my fridge every month. I never do the things she does but I like seeing it every day! Plus I just dug out one of her DVDs that I have (it's a thanksgiving one) and I've been watching it. Thought I was the only one my age that loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You funny girl! I love a good calendar, but I need to put a GPS on the darn thing or get a poster board one or something! That's what you will be needing soon too! 'Addie-dance class, Beek-baseball, Date Nite' etc.

    Jan, never ever ever rat yourself out. Take what you can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom - Hahahaha! You should have just left it and alone and let everyone think you are 46 :-) Seriously...my lack of math skills scares me sometimes. Ha!

    Alison - Trust me when I say you are not alone. I have a few friends our age that love Martha and it's okay to admit it...she freaking rocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 years..that's awesome!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophia saw the picture of you at your wedding and said "pretty, pretty princess"!

    Congratulations on 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a great time celebrating with you, Addie and Blake! You are an amazing friend and no matter how much time goes by we always manage pick up right where we left off. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete