Monday, September 13, 2010

Addie's First Ballet Class

Today is a day I have been waiting for ever since the moment I found out I was having a little girl. I have always loved dancing and prayed that I would have a daughter that loved it too so that I could live vicariously through her. Not crazy stage mom style....just happy proud mama style :-) And my prayers have been answered because my little ballerina couldn't wait to start her first ballet class today!!!!


Please disregard the already dirty tights (Howie jumped on her), the purple wrap (she has a booboo on her chest that we have to wrap to keep her from pulling at the bandage), and the Adidas tennies (her ballet slippers weren't in yet). As you can see, she isn't phased by any of this and couldn't wait to get in the car to go to class...


The whole car ride there, she kept talking about "dance class" and how she couldn't wait to see Audrey and Nia. Oh yeah...the girlies are taking their first class together...


The girls were SO HAPPY to see each other...


And apparently all the hugging was contagious, because Addie's new friend Ava joined in on the fun...


Addie and Ava were chit chatting the whole time...


Well...until Addie took a break to go chat with Nia...


Here they are waiting for class to start. SO CUTE!!!


Addie and Nia insisted that if they had to walk into class without their mommies, they would at least walk in holding each other's hands...


I was a little worried that Addie wouldn't walk into class without me. Or if she did, she would freak the minute she realized I wasn't there. But to my surprise, ALL the girls walked in like happy little clams. They didn't even notice all of us mommies huddled around the observation window outside. Here is a quick picture I took through the glass...


Okay...I might have taken two :-)


I was so impressed by how well the girls paid attention and followed the teacher's directions. They even stood in line as they exited the room and they waited patiently for their sticker and sucker. Addie couldn't wait to run out and show me what she got...


With preschool only a year away, I want to involve Addie in as many independent activities as I can this year and this dance class is a GREAT start. The girls had so much fun and she hasn't stopped talking about it all day. I can't wait to take her back next week and see if she has as just much fun. My little ballerina :-)

6 comments:

  1. Jen so jealous right now! I always dreamed of taking a little girl to dance class. I am pretty sure Wayne would say NO to the ballet classes for the boys. Oh well...maybe I can convince my sister to let me tag along when Emma starts dance classes. So glad you girls had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, my baby girl looks so big!! The girls look so cute together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... couldn't get any cuter!! I was in ballet as a little girl... I remember wearing the black leotard and pink ballet slippers:) I still love watching ballets, I think they are so beautiful and mesmerizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was never in ballet but I took tap, jazz & tumbling for years!!! I loooved dance!

    Addie looks adorable. Her hair is so neat and tidy! How the heck do you do it?!

    The first picture here has Howie in the window, haha! It's like "Where's Howard?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing 'funner' than going to a dance recital and watching those little buggers play monkey see-monkey do!

    Some of the best belly laughs came from watching my other nieces recitals! Can't wait to go to more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest thing ever!! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete