Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some Cute Kiddies to Say a Little Prayer For

If you read my blog, chances are you have come across my friend Heather's blog Live.Love.Laugh. Heather was due with her son Brayden in November, but he decided to show up a little early. Like...almost 3 months early! The good news is that both mommy and baby are doing very well. Baby Brayden is in excellent hands at the Loyola NICU and is improving each day. But he does have some obstacles to overcome in the coming weeks and I ask that all of you please take a moment to say a prayer for this little guy.

And while you are at it, there is another preemie I check in on daily. His name is Bennett and he is already almost 2 months old! He too arrived very early and has been a fighter from day one. He continues to improve and considering all that this family has been through on their journey to parenthood, I fully believe that God has amazing things in store for this little guy. So again, if you could keep him in your thoughts and prayers...I know his family would appreciate it :-)

And finally...I have one more prayer request for all of you. Turns out my little Addie will need to get an MRI after all :-( The good news is that she has not had a single neck spasm or pain in almost 2 weeks but because she did start complaining of pain right after the bouncy party AND because the pain lasted longer than the doctors would expect from a pulled muscle...they want to cover all of our bases. We took her to an Orthopedic doctor this week and he said that since she does have great range of motion and is obviously not suffering from any chronic pain, he thinks it is nothing serious (meaning no more than a pulled muscle/pinched nerve). BUT...when it comes to young children...he said he would rather know. This of course means an MRI.

The test is scheduled for tomorrow morning and sadly...she will have to be sedated. It is going to take everything inside of me not to cry when they give her the IV, but I need to stay strong for my baby girl. The Pedi nurse I spoke to yesterday was very sweet and told me that when they put kids to sleep for this type of test, they typically wake up 15 minutes after the procedure feeling groggy, but happy. No sickies at all. Plus, they said once she is up, they can bring her some Teddy Grahams and juice. And...I think we all know how excited Addie gets about juice....


I really hate to have to put her through this test, especially since she hasn't had any trouble lately. But I am a crazy worrier and if two doctors are telling me they think we should do an MRI just to make sure there is nothing else going on...then I need to listen. Otherwise, I will be on WebMD EVERY time she complains of pain for the next 20 years and beyond.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted on the test, but if you have time, please say a little prayer that the sedation goes smoothly and that the results from the MRI come out with nothing more than a pulled muscle...or better yet...nothing at all :-) Thanks friends!

7 comments:

  1. God's hands stretch far and wide and He has holds all children in the His Palm. I will also pray for comfort for the families, including you!

    She will be just fine, but you might need a good drink!

    Is it just me or does she look like Aunt Dana in that picture minus the dark hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I'll keep all these little kiddos in my prayers! Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all the babies. I am sure Addie will be fine, just hang in there Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for your sweet little girl, and the babies too! Just keep thinking about that juice, and peace of mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I will be thinking of you guys all day! I check on the preemies daily too... I am so thankful that they have been doing fairly well, thus far.

    Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Special prayers for you and Addie tomorrow. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
    John 14:27..... (hope it's not too bibelee.... it's just a verse that helps me! :-)

    Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes for Addie ladies. You are all great friends (and family). And Kate...that verse was not too biblelee at all. It was just what I needed to read tonight. Thanks friend :-) I know God will take care of her tomorrow, and every day there after :-)

    ReplyDelete