Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Favorite Not-Too-Scary Halloween Movies

With Halloween only 10 days away, I thought Addie and I could get into the spirit by watching some fun, not-too-scary Halloween movies. These are some of my absolute favorites...

Pooh's Heffalump Halloween


This is definitely a kiddie movie, but it is so cute. I love seeing all the characters in their little costumes. I think this is one Blake might even sit to watch...for about 5 seconds :-)

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit


I just love Wallace and Gromit. They are so cute :-) I haven't seen this movie yet, but I noticed it was On Demand so we may call it in one day for a special treat :-)

Monsters Inc.


We own this movie and have seen it a THOUSAND times, but it is still the cutest monster movie out there. I heart Sully :-)

The Nightmare Before Halloween


Eric thinks this movie is even too scary for him (he gets creeped out by all Tim Burton's productions) but I happen to love it.

The Corpse Bride


SUPER cute movie. It might not be as fun for Addie, but I still had to add it to my list.

The Adventures of Icabod and Mr. Toad


I can still remember watching the Disney version of Sleepy Hallow in grade school. Icabod Crane's gangly little body was so hilarious, but at the same time, I was scared to death when the headless horseman came riding around the corner. This was on TV the other day and Addie kept laughing and saying, "Look at the pumpkin head mama!!" Apparently, this wasn't scary enough for her :-)

I am a huge fan of all the old classic holiday cartoons (especially It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown) and it is fun to break them out every year.

And speaking of "classics", there is one monster movie that my brothers and I watched over and over and over again as kids. It isn't quite age appropriate for Addie, but it is still on most "kid lists". The movie is called The Monster Squad. Anyone remember it? This trailer might refresh your memory...


My brother Ryan and I loved this movie so much, he actually went on a major internet search for a DVD copy of it a few years ago and managed to find one! It is a lot easier to find now, but back when he bought it for me, it was pretty much the coolest gift ever. It brought back SO many funny childhood Halloween memories. I remember watching it while we sorted our Halloween candy. Hmm...maybe I should invite him over to watch it this year and we will just steal some of Addie's candy. Haha!

Do any of you have any favorite Halloween movies...kid appropriate or not?

2 comments:

  1. aww I love that. I like Charlie Brown! I am not a fan of scary movies so I love how you mentioned these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I missed this post!

    I don't think I have seen any of those!

    ReplyDelete