Friday, October 29, 2010

We Interrupt This Week's Eco-Friendly Friday to Bring You: PUMPKIN CARVING!!!

Sorry friends...there is no Eco-Friendly Friday this week because I promised this little peanut I'd carve some pumpkins with her today...


I think the funnest, most disgusting part of carving pumpkins is scooping out the guts. Scoops like this work okay to start...


But to really get the seeds out, you have to just dig in with your hands. Addie was SO not down with this idea...


But she was down with the carving. I showed her how to poke little holes around the design before cutting...


And then after I cut each piece, she would pull it out and examine it. This was the point where she yelled, "OH NO! His eye fell out!!!"


Now, even though Addie was grossed out by the pumpkin guts, that didn't stop Blake from diving right in...


With both hands...


After the pumpkin was cleaned and carved, I let him play with it on the floor...


But apparently I missed some guts :-)


Blake crawled around with that pumpkin for a good half hour. At one point, I noticed him giving it a kiss...


Him and his pumpkin were BFF today, so you can imagine how he felt when I told him the pumpkin had to go back outside...


I am SO EXCITED to light the pumpkins up tonight. I wish we would have carved them a little sooner, but at least this way they will still be fresh on Halloween :-)

Sorry for the short post friends...but I must run. Addie insists on trying on her Tinkerbell costume for the 30th time to make sure it fits. I have no objections though...she looks pretty darn cute in it :-)

Happy Friday Everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. :) Pumpkin guts are ookey for sure! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! It's fun that Blake loved his pumpkin too! :)

    ReplyDelete