Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

Last week, I was pretty darn spoiled with all of my birthday fun and surprises. I was starting to wonder if this weekend would feel like one big let down with nothing exciting to do. But life is funny like that. It always seems like the weekends that you think will be boring end up being anything but.

On Friday afternoon, when I was still in my jammies at 2:00 p.m., the door bell rang with a very special surprise! My bloggy friend (and soon to be real life friend) Chelsi sent me this adorable gift basket for my birthday!!!


It was a wonderful belated surprise and it was filled with some of my favorite things! Actually, the card said they were all some of her favorite things but I guess that is why we have become such good friends :-) Thank you SO MUCH Chelsi! Can't wait for your visit in November!

On Saturday, at the very last minute, my mom and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and head to the zoo. It was a bit chilly in the beginning, but nothing that a hoodie and some cuddling couldn't take care of...


Since we have been to the zoo quite a bit this year, we thought we would try something new and take a ride on the tram...


It was actually a lot of fun at first because the whole zoo was decorated for Halloween and we got to see a lot of the decorations. But the main reason we took the tram was to see the animals and we only managed to see a few. It was sort of a boring ride so we hopped off and headed to the one thing we KNEW Addie would want to see before we left.


What is it with kids and carousels?


Before we left the zoo, we stopped to take one quick picture...


And then Nana rewarded Addie for being such a good girl...


Do you think she was enjoying her reward?


In all honesty, that little peanut earned ever lick of that sucker. The kids were both SO GOOD at the zoo this weekend! If you have young children (or spend time with people who do) you know that not every outing is as much fun as you think it will be. We have taken trips to the zoo before that have ended in total meltdowns. Those trips are hard because they make you scared to go back. Ha! But when you have a good day like this...it makes you want to do more with them. Well...at least until the next tantrum :-)

Then today, we celebrated my birthday for the 50th time. I want you all to know that I am SO not one of those people that insists on celebrating my birthday for an entire month. Maybe I was like that in college when I needed an excuse to go out 7 days a week...but not now. I swear. It just so happened that my mother-in-law had surgery a week before my birthday and she was just now feeling up to partying.

Now speaking of partying, check out these two little party animals...


They were both rocking their Chicago Bears t-shirts and eating the perfect football food...pretzels and cheese puffs :-)

In fact, my SIL Dana did a whole "football" theme today with my party and had chili, chili dogs and nachos. I ate a little of everything. Okay...I ate a LOT of everything. But it was just too damn good to pass up!!

Now...you would think that after all that food, there wouldn't be any room for cake right? Ha!


But just so you know...I had to unbutton my jeans while I was typing this post. Looks like I am going to have to run an extra mile or two tomorrow to make up for all calories today. Oh well...TOTALLY worth it!

Hope you all had a nice weekend too!

4 comments:

  1. Hey... you're welcome! If I weren't always late with everything you would have had your damned package on time! ha! And, 30 is worth celebrating 50 times... I mean, c'mon! Milestones are worth it! :)

    Oh, how about that football game today? Goooooo Seattle! ;) I actually watched the game today... I hardly ever do. :)

    And, Dana's little boy is SO big! Holy wow! I remember your post when he was born and giving you baby fever again!!!! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting baskets as presents! There's always so much fun stuff in there!!! Looks like you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's your Bears shirt girl?! Oh at least you had some good country plaid on! Cute!

    It's not a BirthDAY...it's BirthMONTH. Nothing wrong with that! Just means there is alot of love!

    ReplyDelete