Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Choosing a Christmas Card

Choosing a Christmas card is one of my favorite things to do every year. Every time Thanksgiving rolls around, I start picking out outfits and arranging a family photoshoot. Last year was SUPER easy because we had some beautiful pictures from my brother Ryan and SIL Meagan's wedding. Done and done.

But in years past, I have relied on my brother to snap come cute pictures of our family. Here is one of our Shutterfly Christmas cards from 2008...
It's hard to remember Addie being so small!!

This year, I am really looking forward to picking out our Christmas cards because it is the first Christmas with both my peanuts!!! Last year Blake made his Christmas card debut in my belly so it will be fun to see his little smiley face on a card.

Shutterfly has SO MANY adorable holiday photo cards to chose from this year, I am actually having a hard time choosing. If we manage to get multiple great shots of the kids when Uncle Ryan comes down to take pictures this weekend, this holiday card is in the running...


But if the kids don't cooperate and end up doing something silly, I thought this card would be perfect...


I also realized the other day that I will be ordering TWO sets of cards this year because I also have to get Blake's birthday invites in the mail SOON!! I am becoming more and more excited about his snowman party, especially when I keep coming across all these adorable snowman party invitations! At first I was going to skip a picture and just go for something simple and cute like this...


But who am I kidding. I am a picture girl!! So I found this Christmas card that I am going to customize with Blake's newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year pic. I already have most of it done and I LOVE it!!! I promise I will post the final product when I am done, but here is a peak at what the card design looks like...


And of course I am going to order the matching address labels :-)


The more time I spend on Shutterfly, the more money I start spending. In addition to my holiday cards and Blake's invites, I am also making some 2011 calendars and this year they have a bunch of new designs...


If you have never made a picture calendar for a gift, you are missing out on an easy, inexpensive, PRICELESS gift for family and friends. Seriously...the calendar my SIL and I made my MIL last year might have been her favorite gift. Right now calendars are buy one get one half off so be sure to head on over to Shutterfly to check them out.

And speaking of great deals...bloggers can get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly!! Click here for details.

With all these projects lined up, I guess I should stop blogging and get busy working!! Happy Christmas Card shopping friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Christmas card ideas and the link for 50 free cards!

    ReplyDelete