Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Very Thankful

Every year, I realize that I have more and more to be thankful for. Some things remain at the top of my list, like my amazing family, my supportive friends, my loving husband and my two beautiful babies...


I am thankful for these things every single day. But then there are things that I often take for granted, like my husband's job, my teaching position, my education, my ability to be a stay-at-home-mom, my health and the health of my family, and most importantly...my freedom. I need to remember to be thankful for these things every single day because there are so many people who are not fortunate enough to have these blessings.

And on a less serious note, I have lots of other things that I am thankful for this year.

* My sister-in-law Diana's garden and all the canned veggies, fruit, sauces and pies that she has shared with me this season :-)

* My brother Ryan's photography skills and all of the time he spends taking pictures of the kids. I also need to thank his assistant Meagan for being there to help :-)

* My sister-in-law Dana's medical knowledge. She is my on-call nurse and I have used her service MANY times this year :-)

* My Dad's carpentry work. I am so freaking SPOILED to have such a talented man in my life that can take a magazine cut-out and turn it into a work of art.

* My mom's crafting ability. The woman has logged some serious hours knitting, sewing and quilting things for me this year and I am SO very grateful for her talent and willingness to spoil me :-)

* My husband's patience. In case you didn't know...I can be quite a handful sometimes. I am a total drama queen and the fact that Eric can deal with this and still tell me he loves me every day is amazing :-) I am a lucky girl.

* My baby boy's smile. That little bugger can brighten even the darkest of days and I love him so much.

* My baby girl's sassy little attitude. Sometimes her sassy attitude gets her in timeout, but other times its the thing I love most about her. She is fun, energetic and my favorite person to talk to these days. I love her to pieces.

You see...I have a TON to be thankful for this year. I could continue this list, but I have some Turkey Day prep to start. So in the meantime, why doesn't everyone leave a comment with some of the things they are thankful for this year?! I would love to see what's on your list!

3 comments:

  1. So many things to be thankful for! Foremost -ALL of my family and forgiveness, the best husband a girl could ever ask for and an Anniversary on top if it! Our home is less than perfect and that is perfect for us because it's what makes our home:) Friends who never judge and family that are friends, now that's a two-fer!

    And I am thankful that God never makes mistakes. We are right where He wants us and I kinda love where I am at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the most wonderful family that I could ever ask for. I am thankful for love and forgiveness in my life. I am thankful for friends and family who share my passion. I am thankful for my beautiful grandchildren who bring me joy every day. I am thankful for a certain someone who sent me a beautiful story called "What if there isn't anymore" which I read every day to remind me that life is too short. Do any wounds need to be healed, friendships needing rekindling or three words needing to be said? Live today because tomorrow is not promised! I am thankful to have today to let everyone know how special and loved they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. You do have a lot to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete