Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Family Fun: Part 1

This past Sunday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with Eric's family. In case you haven't noticed from this blog, there are a total of 7 KIDS, 3 years and younger on Eric's side. Nia is our oldest at 3, Addie and Audrey are next at 2 and three quarters, Brennan is 2, Nolan is 1 and a half and these two buggers are 11 months...


This was Blake and Cole's first Thanksgiving and they had a blast!


Believe it or not, these two little guys ate better than the rest of the kids combined. Here I am holding my little butterball after dinner...


And here I am with my other little man...


Thanksgiving dinner would not be the same if it were not for these three chefs. My aunt-in-law Sue, my uncle-in-law Dave and my mother-in-law Patti never disappoint when it comes to Turkey Day dinner. YUM!!!


And chef Dana is an EXCELLENT dishwasher. Ha!


After dinner, the kiddies had plenty of energy to burn so the "babysitters" helped us out. Here is Sarah playing with her favorite girl...


Nia and Addie made sure to provide a little mood music...


While Brian gave "fly boat" rides! Here's a babysitting tip: when you have a house full of babies and toddlers looking for something to do...break out the Rubbermaid container...





I think it is safe to say that Brian burned off every calorie he ate. Those kids would not leave him alone!!! But like every party, my cousin-in-laws Brian, Jenny and Sarah did an amazing job entertaining the kids and we appreciate it more than they know. The kids love spending time with them too :-)

It was a great night for everyone and it makes me look forward to being with them again on Christmas. But before that, I have to prepare for ANOTHER Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday. We are hosting again and I am SO EXCITED to have my kitchen helper (a.k.a. Diana) back to help me. She was with her family last year so it will be nice to have her expertise in the kitchen. We have a lot of great food planned and I can't wait to see how our turkeys turn out. YUMMY!! On to Thanksgiving Part II!!

4 comments:

  1. Don't you wish you could be a kid again? That airplane ride looks like fun! Bring in the heavy crane and hoist this girl up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- i just have to say that Blake is so adorable. He always looks for smiley and happy in the pics and I just think he is the sweetest. Addie's hair is sooo long, it seems like yesterday that you were talking about wishing you could put it in ponytails! Where has the time gone? My baby is 1 and yours will be too in a little over a month! Enjoy your 2nd Thanksgiving celebration and Blake's first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! Love the holidays!

    Diana, HAHAHAHA! No kidding! :)

    Amy, I have to say... I think I repeated BOTH of your statements to Jen when I was there!!! I remember her saying Addie's hair wouldn't go in ponies too, and now Jen always has it done PERFECTLY! I don't know how she does it either because I cannot wrangle my niece to get her hair in tidy ponies!!! And, Blake IS the sweetest little boy! He is so observant and just content!!! He just minds his business and had is smiley all the time and is SO content.

    Love those babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete