Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day Success!

Turkey prep started early around the Davis household...which is why Di made sure to stop for Dunkin Donuts coffee on the way over...


When Addie heard the commotion in the kitchen, she came running out of her room yelling, "Happy Turkey Day!". I told her she looked like a turkey with that crazy bed-head :-)


Eric was there to lend a hand too as the official taste tester...


Di and I spent all morning in the kitchen getting ready and then when these two turkeys were ready for their nap...we decided to take one too :-)


When I first decided to start hosting Thanksgiving at our house, I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the holiday as much. I was worried that the stress of hosting would make the day less fun. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Hosting Thanksgiving is SO MUCH FUN and I look forward to it more every year. This was the first year that Addie was just as excited I was :-)


Blake was having fun too...as always :-)


Aunt Dana was there with Uncle Kevin and the kids this year which made the day extra special.


And here is the annual grandma picture :-)


And the annual turkey picture...


I honestly can't take any credit for the turkey. I am there while Diana prepares it so by default I am included in the picture. But really...one birdie is hers and the other is Eric's. There is always a secret competition between the two birds. Oven roasted or deep fried. This year, the deep fried bird got a liiiiiiitttle crispy. Here we are giving Eric a bad time...


I mean...clearly our turkey looked more delicious...


But in the end...the joke was on us. Eric's crispy bird was just as delicious and the voters called it a tie :-)

I think it is safe to say that no one enjoys Thanksgiving more than this lady...


My Grams always gets in the spirit and this year, she made pumpkin pies from scratch with FRESH pumpkin from Di's garden. YUM!!!!! She loves making pies, but she loves eating turkey more. Here she is drooling over the feast :-)


I think everyone enjoyed their meal...



Especially these two!!! We started a new tradition this Thanksgiving and it's one that many families already have. The kiddie table!!! Although, I doubt many kids have a kiddie table as fancy as this one :-)


And...someone VERY special got to celebrate his very first Thanksgiving!!!!!


He wasn't into eating that night, so instead he hung out with Nolan. These boys are just too cute together.


The kids partied and kept us busy all night long, but when the crabbies set in...


We knew it was time to call it a night. Well...for the kids at least. All the grown ups sat around drinking wine and looking through the sale ads in the paper :-)

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already over. I feel like summer was just yesterday and now it's the CHRISTMAS SEASON!!! WOOHOO!!! Now I won't get made fun of for having my tree up and listening to Christmas music :-) The house looks so great this year and I can't wait to post pics. But that will be another day friends. Eric and I had a fabulous date night tonight (we saw Harry Potter and it was AWESOME!!). So now we are going to sit and relax by a fire. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous recap! :) I remember being at the kiddie table, for sure! Its nice that both sides of your family were there! Oh its so nice when everyone gets along! ;)

    My favorite dish this year was Pioneer Woman's 'Whiskey Cream Sauce'. I made it along with a 'Spicey Apple Carmel Sauce' for a pumpkin bread pudding... but! The cream sauce was best smeared all over pumpkin pie! Deeeeelish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! You are a great hostess and it was lots of fun! The Turkey Throw Down almost stomped Eric...better luck next time!

    Love your new backdrop! Someone needs to teach me those things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jen, with all your helpers, Di and Eric. everything was great, as always.

    ReplyDelete