Thursday, November 18, 2010

An Unexpected Visit With Santa

Today my mom and I decided to take the kids to walk around the mall and look at all the cute Christmas decorations they put up a few weeks ago. I didn't think that Santa would be there yet, since Thanksgiving isn't until next week. I sort of wanted to hold off on Santa until I had more time to prep Addie. I mean...remember last year's trip to see Santa?


Awesome.

So like I said...I wanted to wait on Santa, but I thought this would be a great week to look at all the decorations, ride the train, etc. So when we got to the mall and Addie saw the HUGE two-story tree, she looked at my mom and said, "AMAZING!!!!" Oh how I wish I would have had that on video.

We stopped at every Christmas tree and made our way to the main courtyard where there was a huge teddy bear, sleigh, a bunch of reindeer, etc. I had to run in a store with Blake, so my mom took Addie down to the courtyard. When I met them down there 10 minutes later, I was in shock. I saw a little blonde standing in front of Santa talking to him. She was using hand gestures and Santa was just smiling and chatting away. I knew it was Addie right away but I still couldn't believe my eyes. I looked at my mom like, "What the F...?" My mom just shrugged.

So I listened to Addie talk to Santa. She told him she wanted a bike and when he asked what color she shouted, "PINK!!!" He gave her a high five and they talked about coloring books. I asked her if she wanted to sit on his lap and she said she had to go potty. I always know that is a defense mechanism for her so we left. I didn't want to push a good thing.

So as we walked around the mall, Addie kept talking about Santa. There was absolutely no line to see him and even though the kids were TOTALLY not dressed for their Santa picture, my mom and I thought we would at least try it and see what happens.

Well wouldn't you know...that little peanut walked right up to him again and jumped on his lap!!! I just couldn't believe my eyes!! So we pulled Blake out of his stroller and plopped him on Santa's lap too. Blake wasn't quite as happy to see Santa as Addie was, but he held it together for the most part :-)


The Santa at this mall was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! He was sweet and patient and he even sang the kids Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer while they sat on his lap. I think I am going to call the mall today and let them know what a great job this Santa did.

Anyway...we totally didn't plan for this Santa visit, but I am so glad we took the opportunity because Addie had the best day. Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling Emma and Sam's picture will look comparable. Emma has always loved Santa...and well Sam is scared of everyone...even grandparents. Haha! I LOVE Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cute little stinker:) What a difference a year makes! I don't think we're going to do the santa thing with Levi this year... maybe next Christmas:) I have plans to take pictures of him in a cute little outfit besides, good enough for me! That santa does look quite... "jolly", hee:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodnes they are too cute...I love how you can tell that Blake is trying SO hard not to cry :)

    ReplyDelete