Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blakey Boy's Birthday Funday

Deciding what to do with a one-year-old on his birthday isn't easy, especially when the day falls between Christmas and New Years. We thought about taking Blake to the Children's Museum because he had so much fun there last month, but I figured with all the kids off school...it would be slammed. So I decided to keep it local and make the day all about "Blake's Favorite Things".

We started the morning by getting all dressed and cute (the slicked hair is compliments of Nana. Nice :-)


And we headed out for Breakfast. Nana, Papa and Addie were all there too...


Waffles are one of Blake's favorite foods so we thought he would enjoy going out to eat. When the waitress took our order, we told her that we were celebrating Blake's first birthday. We didn't think anything of it until we heard a bunch of people singing "Happy Birthday". Blake heard it too...


And then a bunch of the waitresses arrived with a mini chocolate cake. I wasn't able to get a picture from the front, but Blake was smiling ear to ear while they sang...


He wasn't really into eating this cake, but he loved shoving his fingers in it. I was fine with that too because it meant I got to eat it later. Ha!


When we were done eating, Blake handed me my keys so that we could head to the next stop on our list...


The Mall!!! I know...REALLY exciting. But it was the best we could do. The kids actually had a lot of fun. We stopped at the pet store so that they could look at all the puppies...


Blake fell in love with this little Maltipoo...


After the pet store, the kids took a little ride...



And then had some ice cream!!



And then we stopped at the Disney Store! Both kids walked away with a new stuffed animal, and Blake chose Goofy.


He was giving Goofy some major love on the ride home...


The morning must have been a success because this little peanut passed out before we got home...


And after a FABULOUS nap...Eric and I made Blakey his favorite supper...SPAGHETTI!!!


And since he ate all of his dinner like a big boy, we let him have some of this...


He was so damn cute when we sang to him. We are all tone deaf and I think that must have entertained him because he giggled the whole time.


I honestly wasn't sure if he was going to like cake, considering he wouldn't take a single bite of his cake at breakfast...


But apparently I was wrong :-)


Like...really wrong.


That's my boy :-)


As you can see, Blakester had a FABULOUS birthday yesterday and it was really nice to celebrate in a low-key way, especially since his big bash is this weekend!!! I am SO EXCITED for his party! My mom and I have come up with so many adorable decorations for his Snowman Winter ONEderland party that I promise to share them as soon as I take some pics :-)

Thanks so much everyone for all the sweet birthday wishes for Blake! I know he appreciates them very much :-)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun day!!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I almost didn't recognize him all slicked back with the spit-do. I hope she used something besides that at least ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday day! I love the picture of Goofy still on his face after he had falled asleep. Can't wait to see Blakey and everyone else on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete