Friday, December 31, 2010

Celebrations and Resolutions

While some have spent the past week relaxing and recovering from Christmas, I have been on a celebration marathon. We celebrated Uncle Kevin's birthday, Blake's birthday and my friend Jill's new job. Eric and I got to have a long-awaited date night out with my friend Tiffany and her hubby Jake, and...on Thursday, we celebrated the life of my friend Natalie's father. It has been a very joyous, emotional, exhausting week, which is why I have been a bit absent from my blog. I have also spent the last two days prepping for Blake's birthday party tomorrow and since it is New Years Eve...I decided to give myself a little break :)

And speaking of New Years Eve, I can't help but think of what Eric and I were doing on this very night last year...


Last year I made 3 resolutions: Go Green (Again), Get Organized and Stay Organized, and Make This Year All About Family and Fun. I mean...how could you look at that picture and NOT want to spend your whole year with those three precious people?

I wish I could say I managed to get organized and stay that way this year...but I am afraid that is a work in progress :-) BUT...I did go green and I have countless Eco-Friendly Friday posts to prove it. I also did my best to make this year all about family and fun and I would say I accomplished that and then some :-) But that is a resolution I will make every year and considering we have Disney World on our calendar in 2011...I would say we are already on our way!

Now...I was tempted to not make any resolutions this year but come on...you know I can't pass up the opportunity to make a list. So here are 3 resolutions/goals I have set for 2011

Get Caught Up on Archiving: It is sad how far behind I am on scrapbooking, but I realize that has a lot to do with time. So, I have been learning a lot about digital scrapbooking and I think I am going to move in that direction this year. I would LOVE to be caught up on all of our pictures and videos so that we can pull them out whenever we want to reminisce :-)

Achieve a New Running Goal: I was going to say, "Run a 10K", but I am not sure if I want to limit myself. I have absolutely no intention of running a marathon or anything like that, but I would love to possibly run the Hot Chocolate 15K in November. Of course, I need to get back to running a 5K first. Ha!

Start a Business: AH! I know. This is a HUGE goal for the year. But I am serious. My mom and I have talked about this for years but we have never really made it happen. I am not going into any details at the moment, but I promise you will all be the first ones to know when something becomes of it. Just think cute :-)

So...what are all of your resolutions/goals for the year? Any BIG plans?

Oops...gotta run! The ball is dropping in 10 minutes so I need to put the computer down and get ready to smooch my honey :-) I wish you all a very happy, healthy NEW YEAR!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! May all your 2011 dreams come true and be a prosperous year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this link on facebook and thought you'd be interested. It gives you a free goal/priority organizer for 2011.

    http://stlmommy.com/2011/01/facebook-free-goal-priorities-diary.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started digital scrapbooking and didn't think I would like it much...but turns out, I LOVE IT!! I am using a program from Creative Memories, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete