Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas PJ Party

Not long ago...it was just my brothers and I sitting on the stairs for our annual Christmas Eve picture...


And 6 years later, our amazing family is taking up the entire staircase :-)


Christmas Eve at my mom and dad's house has turned into quite a fun tradition. We decided a few years ago to start wearing PJs to the party and this year, all of us girls decide to get matching pants :-)


Now...the pants were planned, but the pink tops were not, which just goes to show you how much we all think alike :-)


The guys all dressed up too, but they were "too cool" to match.


Another tradition at my parents house is going WAY overboard on gifts. Every year we say we are going to cut down, but do you think ANY of us listen?


And these weren't even all the gifts. So ridiculous.

Now, our family has always followed the "just dive in" policy for opening gifts. Once my mom or dad passed them out, we could start ripping. The only problem with this way of unwrapping is that everyone is too busy opening their own gifts to notice when someone else has opened theirs. We always missed those priceless reactions when we get someone something fun or exciting. So this year, Di suggested we follow the "wait your damn turn" policy for opening gifts.

Blake did an excellent job of waiting his turn...


Can you guess who went first?


It was actually a good idea to let the kids go first because while they played with their new toys, we got to open our gifts in peace :-)

The kids really got spoiled. Blake got some adorable new clothes, a Lego Duplo set, a lawnmower and this adorable tool bench...


Addie also got some great stuff. She got a Doctor's set that she has been wanting FOREVER, her very own digital camera, a V.Reader and this...


Yes. That is my daughter. Holding a BB gun. Leave it to her Aunt Di and Uncle Adam to start her early. Remember, Blake got his BB gun for his baptism. Looks like my kids are going to be spending a LOT of time at Uncle Adam and Aunt Di's house when they are old enough to shoot them. I just hope to God nobody shoots their eye out :-)

I know Adam an Di were dying to give her that gift, just like I was dying to give a few of my own...

My brother Ryan has been obsessed with Legos since we were kids so when I found this Lego Man headlamp, I just had to get it for him. I don't know about you...but I think he looks pretty bad-ass wearing it...


And then there is my brother Adam, A.K.A. Pig Pen. I searched EVERYWHERE for a Pig Pen shirt that he didn't already have, and thanks to eBay, I was able to find a pretty awesome vintage one...


Now, Diana was a little harder to surprise. We are both pretty good at just telling each other what we want. But when I was able to find the Moonlight vampire series on DVD, I had to sneak it into her pile. I knew she would be excited...and she was :-)


And then there was Mamacita. I thought the gift I was most excited to see her open was the new laptop my Dad bought her...


But then Di gave her the funniest gift ever. The gift tag read, "To the Enabler" because my mom is...well...an enabler. You see, there are two things Addison loves: Chapstick and orange Tic-Tacs. My mom knows that both of these items will pacify her when she is antsy, so she usually has one or the other in her purse. And trust me...when my mom doesn't have these items with her...she freaks. So Di bought her a HUGE stash of chapsticks and orange tic-tacs. SO funny...


All of the gifts I gave this year were fun, but there is one gift that I almost gave early because I couldn't stand the suspense anymore.

For years, my Dad has been on the hunt for a set of Marty Moose glasses like the ones from Christmas Vacation...

Believe it or not, these damn things are hard to find. My dad purchased a set in the past they turned out to be garbage. He also tried to make his own but that was a bust too. So after years of searching, he finally threw in the towel.

Well, I saw this year that Warner Bros. made a licensed copy of the Moose glasses and when I found them on Amazon, I bought them that second. They are AWESOME!!!


My mom got a bunch of great pics of my Dad opening his gift, but I was too excited watching him to take any with my camera. So those will have to come later. But here he is enjoying his first beverage in his Marty Moose mug :-)


Eric and I were also pretty spoiled this year and got some great gifts. My mom, who has been dying to teach me to knit, finally broke down and bought me my starter kit! I am actually really looking forward to getting started :-)


And after years of asking for them, I finally got the rest of the Harry Potter books to complete my set, as well as the ENTIRE DVD collection. Thanks Di! I also got a lot of great fun stuff from my mom and Meagan (and my Dad, Ryan and Adam...even though I am sure none of them know what they got me. ha!) Like I said...we were totally spoiled :-)


After all the excitement of opening gifts, we all did some lounging. Addie just sort of made her rounds. Here she is with Uncle Ado...


And Uncle "Wyan"...


And back with Uncle Ado and Aunt Di...


Sadly...this little bugger was not having a good night. Poor Blake was SO cranky...not even a bunch of presents could cheer him up...


So Nana did what she does best and got peanut to fall asleep for a little while.


I guess you can't blame the little guy for being tired. I think the craziness of the holidays make us all a little nutty...


But hey...that's what Christmas is all about right?!!

So after a WONDERFUL night at my parents, it was time to head home and prepare for Santa's arrival. Addie made sure to leave Santa cookies and waffles (yes waffles), some milk and some carrots and celery for the Reindeer...


She made sure to "test" the milk...


And the celery...


After the snack plates got the approval, it was time to leave the rest for Santa...


As I type this, both of my peanuts are sound asleep. I can't guarantee that will last all night, but I am holding out for a Christmas miracle :-) Words cannot express how EXCITED I am to see Addie's reaction tomorrow morning when she sees that Santa brought her pink bike. I don't know for sure...but I might be more excited than she is. Ha!

Thanks again to my Mom and Dad, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Meagan and Uncle Adam and Aunt Di for spoiling all of us with gifts and love. We are so very lucky to have each and every one of you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite gift this Christmas was to be surrounded by my entire family! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos!!! My favorite is the 'nutty' picture & more specifically.. Meagan's face! Lol! I think she nailed it! ;)

    Merry Christmas! Can't wait for the pictures of Addie & her bike!

    ReplyDelete