Friday, December 24, 2010

Count Your Christmas Blessings...

Today is the picture perfect Christmas Eve in Chicago. The snow is falling and there is magic in the air. I logged on to my computer today with so much joy and excitement I could hardly stand it. I wanted to wish all of my bloggy friends a Merry Christmas Eve and then I read a blog that made my heart break a little.

My bloggy friend Heather gave birth to her son Brayden back in August. After a long few months in the NICU, Heather and her hubby were finally able to take a healthy baby home just before Thanksgiving. I know Heather was so happy to have her little man home for the holidays.

But just last night, Brayden had to be admitted into the hospital for Meningitis. This is the 3rd time this poor baby has been sick and my heart breaks for Heather. I know she so badly wanted to spend the holidays at home, happy with her new family...


But sometimes these things are just not in our hands. Heather is amazingly strong and she is looking on the bright side today. Brayden is already improving and they get to be with him for Christmas. The PICU is not the place they wanted to spend it...but at least they are together.

So today, on this magical Christmas Eve, I ask that everyone count their blessings...big and small. And also, please pray for Brayden and all the other sick babies that are not home with their families this holiday. And while you are at it, squeeze your own babies a little tighter and be thankful that they are here and healthy. I know I will :-)

Merry Christmas Eve friends!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I checked in here today. My heart goes out to Heather & Derek too. I've been following both of the premies (Bennett too!) and can't imagine what this rollercoaster must be like. :( prayers will be sent their way!

    Merry Christmas to everyone in blogland! Maybe Jan, Diana, Chelle, Miss V & Amy will check here & see my 'Merry Ho Ho!' I'm not going to get a chance to everyone's blogs today!

    May everyone enjoy the blessings of our lives today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- Like Chelsi said my prayers are headed their way. I have been reading Heather's blog as well and also can't believe what they have had to go through. It does make you want to hold your babies a little tighter. I hope you have fun as Santa's helpers, I just finished setting up the scene and I am off to bed. Hopefully I can sleep, I feel as excited as a 7 yr old! Enjoy the moment. Merry Christmas...to you too Chelsi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny...just read Heather's blog this afternoon and i too am sooo sick to my stomache for this family. (I too follow her blog as well as yours.:) Will say many prayers for them. Can't imagine what they are going thru. Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas. Your babies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this. You are a great 'bloggy' friend. I wish your family a Merry Christmas.

    Keep the prayers coming!!!

    ReplyDelete