Friday, December 10, 2010

Eco-Friendly Friday: Great Stocking Stuffers and Another Chance to Win

One of the things I love most about the holiday season is the opportunity you have to convert not-so-green friends and family members by slipping some fabulous reusable gifts into their stocking. It's smart...subtle...and totally sneaky. They won't even see it coming :-)

So for starters...how about getting them one of these great Glass Water Bottles...


They're fun, BPA free and under $10. They make a great gift for all those disposable plastic bottle junkies out there :-)

Next up...how about getting them one of these fabulous Workhorse Bags...


If you buy 4 or more, they are just $4.95 each, which gives you an awesomely cheap gift for all those friends and family members that are having a hard time letting go of plastic shopping bags.

Now, the only not-so-fun part of the holiday season is that it is also cold season. Boo! But if you give all of your loved ones a darling little reusable Modern Hankie...


They will be sneezing in style AND saving waste on all those disposable tissues.

And let's not forget all those kiddies on your list. I find that the most exciting thing I could ever give Addie in her stocking is a snack. That girl loves snacks...particularly ones shaped like goldfish. So...why not get all of your little snack hounds one of these adorable REUSIES snack bags filled with their favorite treat!


But...you may want to throw one of these ECO-DENT toothbrushes in there as well.


We wouldn't want a bunch of cavities to start the new year :-)

I could go on and on with fabulous reusable gift ideas for this season, but instead of reading about them here, head on over to Reuseit.com and check out their holiday gift guide. They have tons of great stuff AND they are offering free shipping on orders over $50.

Now, the only thing better than free shipping is FREE MONEY!! A few weeks ago, I tried giving away a $25 gift certificate to Reusit.com and I am afraid the response wasn't what I hoped. So...I am going to give this another try. If you would like $25 dollars to help you out with your holiday shopping...be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you would like in your stocking from Reuseit.com this year! It's that simple. But be sure to leave a comment by next Friday so that I can finally pull a winner :-)

Happy Friday friends!!!

29 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is bad but I would totally use it for those snack bags you posted for myself! I bring my lunch to work and always feel bad about using so many plastic baggies. How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to get some of the Resusies Snack Bags for my grandchildren & some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the snack bags!! They are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like some of the Reusies Snack bags and maybe a glass water bottle or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the Bobble Filtering Reusable Water Bottle's. Where we live we cant drink the water from the tap because it makes us sick so we use filters or drink bottled water. Having a reusable filtering bottle would save on buying bottled water! Thanks for the giveaway! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds!

    I am always trying to remember to take my reusable bags to the grocery store...I'm getting better!

    I would totally want the glass water bottle for myself. I am guilty of going through way too many disposable plastic water bottles.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those glass water bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd choose a glass water bottle and several snack bags!!

    On zulilly today there are reusable bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glass containers...even tho they don't fit in a stocking! I want to slowly start switching things to glass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a new BPA free lunchbox!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reuse it's sandwich bags, lunch storage containers and clean canteen's. I would love to be able to try some of their shopping bags, and also try the laundry scent sticks for the dryer balls
    hbolduc5209 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would get the Laptop Lunches Bento Box w/ Case for my fiance .

    Terri

    rainbowstar2842 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to put the reusable snack bags and ecodent toothbrushes in my niece's stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been eyeing some of the bento boxes/sets as well as some of the reusable snack & sandwich bags for my son... and also the GoToob squeeze bottles for travel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love a reusable water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My all-time favorite item is Acme Original EarthTote.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to get a glass water bottle! I have quite a few klean kanteens, but I wouldn't mind trying out the glass! Pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'd love to give my husband the three tier stainless steel food carrier for his lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those water bottles look fab! I just ordered some snackTaxi bags from Reuseit the other day, but didn't even look at the BPA free water bottles. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want one of those glass water bottles so badly, now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love gift certificates!!! I've been shopping at Reuseit.com (formerly reuseablebags.com) for a few years and love just about everything. I've got a collection of Kleen Kanteen bottles, reuseable bags in a series of colors (that I give as gifts or just if my mood calls for a vibrant color) and recently tried the glass water bottles.

    P.S. Love your site!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jen,

    Do you have a public Facebook account? I'd love to sync your daily posts into my Facebook accoount. Thanks. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will take one of each please! :-) Got your card in the mail today... LOVE IT. SO cute!! Hope to see you in person soon... with a tall glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I obviously missed that giveaway, but I'd LOVE to win! And I really want one of those water bottles too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm still working on replacing all our consumables, and I'd love a few sets of the Reuseit hemp napkins to replace the paper napkins we use daily. I've already replaced our shopping bags with the Reuseit cotton totes and workhorse bags, my lunch bag with a Built NY insulated bag, my water bottle with a Klean Kanteen, and my produce bags with Flip and Tumble produce bags. My goal is to get to where we are not generating any consumable trash!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful giveaway - hope your response expands! I would love the reuseable snack and sandwich bags, the glass water bottles (alrady reusing milk bottles, but these are so beautiful!) I hate plastic! Thank you for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just discovered *Reuseit* and will be getting stocking stuffers from there for sure. I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete