Monday, December 6, 2010

Indoor Fun For the Whole Family

With the weather getting colder, I am trying to make a list of all the great indoor places I can take the kids this winter when they start to get stir crazy. The bouncy house is always a great option, as is Chuck E. Cheese, but a lot of my friends have been raving about the children's museum in our area so my mom and I decided to give it a try...


I knew Addie would have a great time exploring...


And learning new things...


But I never imagined how much this little guy would enjoy himself...


As soon as he saw his sister playing in the water table...


He wanted to join in on the fun...


And even managed to make a mess of the adorable sweater my mom knitted for him...


I couldn't resist playing in the water either...


This was probably the coolest water table Addie had ever seen, and we spent a LOT of time in this part of the museum.


And it had nothing to do with me :-)


But when we did finally go explore the rest of the place, it was Blake's turn to pick the spot...


And boy was he excited!! This little guy was ALL OVER THE PLACE exploring and playing with new things..


He even went for a ride on the teeter-totter with his big sis...



After a couple of hours, mommy was pooped and I assumed the kids were too...


But when I told Addie it was time to go, she gave me some serious "Addietude"


The children's museum was honestly SO much more fun than I ever expected it to be. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that Blake enjoyed himself just as much as Addie. That is a big deal these days since places like the bouncy house and Chuck E. Cheese aren't geared towards babies (or toddlers) Blake's age. But I also realized that to go to a museum with two young kids...you have to have a helper. My mom and grandma were a HUGE help that day and I honestly hope we can do it again a few more times this winter.

So...where does everyone take their kids over the winter?

5 comments:

  1. The little bubble thing in the water was super cool. I admit, I would have played in the water too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for a meetup group for other mommies. Little do they know, I'm not a mommy but an Auntie. LOL! I haven't gone to any of the activities, but some of the seem interesting. Come the new year, when I'm not as frazzled, I plan on making some activities! Also, our local library does toddler and baby reading groups. Although it doesn't soak up HOURS worth of time, it is still a nice simple outing. We have a great Children's Hands On Museum also, but it's expensive!!! Elaina's mom is in the midst of getting us a membership so we can go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the children's museum is fun but i was thinking of coming to YOUR house and playing in your super cool new fabulous playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where is that place? she is right it is the coolest ever water table... and you look great!

    p.s. i cant wait for my blog sale package

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di - The water table was AWESOME!! I think we need one in our basement or something :-)

    Chelsi - Tell Elaina's mom that she MUST get a membership because if the children's museum by you is anything like ours, its a great place to go when the weather sucks :-)

    Kris - You and the kiddies can come over ANY TIME to play in our playroom :-) Let me know when you are on break from school and we will plan a playdate!

    Sarah - We went to the Dupage Children's Museum in Naperville. It was AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete