Monday, December 20, 2010

A Visit From Great Grandma & Grandpa

Before ballet class today, we had some very special visitors...


Great Grandma and Grandpa Davis showed up with a big bag of gifts for these 4 little peanuts...


I honestly wasn't sure how much Blake would get into Christmas this year, considering he isn't old enough to understand what it's all about. I can talk to him about baby Jesus and Santa and Christmas trees and Candy Canes but he just looks at me with a smile. It's actually the same look Eric gives me when I am talking about something that he doesn't understand or care about. Haha! But despite his lack of understanding, Blake loves a lot of things about Christmas. He loves when I sing him Christmas carols, when I read him stories, and when I let him open presents all by himself...


This little guy had more fun unwrapping his gift than actually playing with it!


And that was fine by Great Grandma and Grandpa. They just love watching the kids have fun. And boy did they have FUN!!

I am always a little sad when these small moments of Christmas are over, but we are so lucky to live in a time where these moments can be captured on film. I know the kids will always cherish these memories with their Great Grandparents for years to come :-)

3 comments:

  1. We all want to hear you sing! ;)

    Sounds like you had a nice day with the grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. Addie and Blake are so fortunate to have great grandparents around to love on them! Seeing those pics make me miss my grandparents, I wish they could have met my boys. Hey, maybe I just wish I could have one more Christmas with them too!

    Blake is killing me with those smiles...what a precious little guy and Addie is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete