Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Visit From "Mawee"

My dear friend Marie (or "Mawee" as Addie likes to call her) came over for our annual Christmas visit today. Ever since I left my full-time job at the college nearly 2 1/2 years ago, Marie and I have made sure to keep in touch. She is by far one of the most thoughtful friends I have ever had. She sends the kids and I a card for every holiday, and spoils us rotten whenever she has the opportunity. I made her swear not to spend her hard earned college money on gifts this year, but like always...she didn't listen. Good thing I didn't either :-)

Marie actually just returned from a school trip to Ireland and she brought us all back some awesome gifts. Here is Addie opening her "I Heart Ireland" purse...


And here I am about to open my Four Leaf Clover pen and notebook. She knows I have a thing for notebooks...


And wine. She also got me this gorgeous Lolita "No Place Like Home" Christmas glass...


And of course, she didn't forget Mr. Blake. Marie is a HUGE sports nut so I wasn't surprised when I opened this Irish football...


And this freaking ADORABLE Blackhawks jersey...


Eric about died when he got home and saw it hanging in Blake's room. He loves the Blackhawks and now Blake can watch some hockey games with him in style.

It's not often that Marie and I get to spend time together, what with our crazy busy schedules and all, but when we do see each other...we always try to make a day of it. We ate a great lunch, baked some cookies, played with the kids, opened gifts and caught up on each other's lives. It is such a blessing to have a friend who is always there for me and my family. I love her to pieces :)

Thanks so much for coming out to see us today Mawee!! We hope we get to see you again soon. Lots of love!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww thanks!!! I had so much fun!! It was a perfect way to spend a day!!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete