Friday, January 14, 2011

I Could Have Just Bought Thank You Cards...

I'm telling you what...this digital scapbooking stuff is way too much fun for my own good. I could have EASILY just bought a pack of thank-you cards at Target the other day, but instead I decided to play around and ended up making Blake's thank-you cards instead...


I already had a pack of unopened cardstock, so I figured I would just print these and then write my thank-you note on the back (hence the "Over" in the corner). But like always, I can never leave well enough alone. I saw a pretty blue stack of cardstock next to my white and thought hmmm...it might be cute to write the thank you note on a separate piece of paper and then clip them together. So that's what I did...


This is what they look like clipped together (the color looks rather dull in this photo because I took it with my phone)...


I spent all of naptime and the better part of my evening printing, cutting and putting these together and after I had them ALL addressed and in their envelopes ready to go...a certain someone told me that people might not know there is writing on the cardstock behind the picture. AHH!! I seriously hadn't thought of that!

I am hoping the "Over" will still make people look for writing elsewhere, but you never know. So to all the friends and family members who read this blog and will be receiving a thank you card from us...just know that there is writing on the blue cardstock!!

You see...this is what I get for trying to be too creative :-)

5 comments:

  1. JEN, PLEASE SEND ME ONE SO I CAN FRAM IT. I LOVE THIS PIC. SORRY I COULD NOT BE THERE BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm...wonder who that certain someone might be! Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Muuuuch better than store bought! For real! Who cares if they don't see the writing? Ha! Kiddin'!

    ReplyDelete