Sunday, February 27, 2011

Awards

Watching the Oscars tonight made me realize that I have been a pretty ungrateful blog award winner :( Over the past year, I have had a handful of wonderful bloggy friends present me with various awards and although I have tried to thank these friends...I often don't follow up with any sort of acceptance speech or acknowledgment of the honor. I do feel VERY guilty about that because these people took time to visit my blog and say something nice about it.

So...to all the wonderful ladies that have nominated me for something special over the past year, thank you so very much. It means a great deal to be recognized and I promise to be a better commenter and friend in the future :-)

Now, to hold up my promise, I thought I should at least acknowledge my most recent award from my bloggy friend Lauren over at La La Land.


Thanks so much for the honor girlfriend! It's been great getting to know you and your precious family.

Now, there are some "rules" when winning and accepting this award, and they are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award your own recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

7 Things About Myself
I feel like I have a lot of lists "About Me" floating around in my archives so I don't want to repeat myself. I actually thought it might be fun to stick with the "Awards" theme and tell you about some of the awards I have won in my life, since you might not know about them. Trust me...they are all VERY impressive {insert sarcasm}

Class Clown: I was awarded class clown in junior high and believe it or not, I thought this was a HUGE deal at the time! I spent most of my junior high years not knowing where I fit in. I wasn't popular, but I wasn't a total dork either. I was a floater...I floated from group to group and I suppose the only positive thing about this is that I was never labeled one thing or another. But at the same time, I did often wonder if anyone ever really noticed me. So to win this award and have my friends tell me I was funny was very special :-)

Miss Congeniality: To be honest...I didn't even know what this award meant when I was presented with it by my Pom coach. I thought it was a random, made-up award that was given to me so I didn't feel left out. Haha! But my coach explained that she gave it to me because I was "fun, sociable and outgoing". Made-up award or not, I felt pretty flattered :-)

Best-Dressed: I wasn't in the running for "Most Likely to Succeed" or "Most Gifted Student" (I can't even type that with a straight face) so I suppose that is why my mom was so excited about this award. I think she was just happy that all the money she spent on clothes was not going to waste. Haha! But seriously...that award didn't mean nearly as much to me in high school as it does now. Sitting here in my mommy sweats with a messy ponytail...I can look back on a time when I had style and the energy to put myself together every day. One day I hope I can be in the running for that award again :-)

Employee of the Year: I worked for Pier 1 Imports for 6 years while I was in college and grad school and I was awarded "Employee of the Year" 2 years in a row. I had the BEST boss in the entire world so when I say I actually enjoyed going to work...I mean it. She rocked. I guess that is why I always worked so hard when I was there. I felt like I owed it to her for always being so understanding of my crazy college schedule. Plus...I liked retail. I liked working with customers all day and helping them decorate their house. Plus, the FABULOUS discount I got wasn't bad either. Oh how I wish I still had that :-)

Gosh...this was FUN!!! I am sort of wishing I had some prestigious award to add to my list, but oh well. This is who I am. I'm silly and outgoing, I use to dress really cute and I'm a hard worker. I'll take it :-) Do any of you have any fun or impressive awards that you have received over the years? I would love to hear about them :-)

Before I go, I must award some other great bloggers. I wouldn't say any of these are "recently discovered", but I read them and enjoy them very much :-)


I have a TON of other great blogs that I read on a regular basis, so if you really want to see a complete list of all my favorites, see my sidebar :-)

Thanks again for the award Lauren!

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey! Thanks!!! :) I love all of your awards! I got some similar awards in my life... I know, crazy right? Ha! Class Clown my Senior year. Whatever!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete