Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby Fever is Hard to Fight Today

When you're a mom and one of your friends or family members tells you they are pregnant, it's hard not to reminisce about your own experiences with pregnancy and new mommyhood. You think about all the emotions that go along with each incredible milestone. I can still remember the day I saw my first positive pregnancy test...the day I saw my baby on the ultrasound screen for the first time...the day I found out Addie was a girl and then again the day I found out Blake was a boy. So I knew the EXACT emotions my SIL Meagan was feeling when she woke up today. Excited, scared, anxious...just to name a few. Above all else, you want to know that the baby is healthy. And I am happy to say that Baby Mueller is doing beautifully :-)

Now, once you know the baby is healthy, the next words you want to hear out of that doctor's mouth are, "It's a....". So...what were the next words out of Meagan and Ryan's doctor's mouth today?

It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the beautiful picture they sent us via e-mail right after their appointment...


Obviously my brother's doing, although I am sure Meagan was creative director :-) Isn't this a picture beautiful? I can just picture it framed in their nursery.

I was actually sitting in my OB-GYN's office today for my annual check-up and I was surrounded by about 20 pregnant women when I read the news. I sort of shouted, "Awww...it's a boy!" when the message came through, expecting them to all join in on the happiness. But the woman next to me was a week overdue and she didn't exactly share in my excitement. But I have been in her shoes too...so I get it :-)

As I sat there, all I could think about was my brother and sis sitting in that ultrasound room looking at their little man for the first time. Isn't he a cutie already?


I just can't wait to see him and hold him for the first time. Only 20 more weeks!!!!

Congrats Ryan and Meagan!!!! So happy my little nephew is happy and healthy in there. Love you guys!!!

And in other baby news, I had a visit with my friend Bre today and got to meet her PRECIOUS little man, Breckin!!! Isn't he a doll?


Just look at that perfect little face!


Just look at this happy new mommy...


I remember that feeling too. Totally exhausted...totally in love :-)

You know...it's hard not to get baby fever on a day like today. I have been surrounded by baby bumps, ultrasound pictures and newborn cuddles all morning and that is HARD to resist. But for now...I'll take getting my baby fixes in small doses :-)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your brother and SIL! I remember the day I found out Evan was a boy, I was so excited!!!

    And what an adorable little itty bitty face! I just love newborns!

    The last time I was at my OBGYN's office I was sitting in the waiting area and this little girl came up to me and told me it was her birthday. She was turning 5 and they had just found out what her mommy was having (I can't remember at the moment!). Then she asks me "Do you have a baby in your tummy?" Of course I said no but I so wished I had! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats auntie.

    What a precious little face that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is just now 7 months old & I already have baby fever again! Congrats to your brother and SIL. How exciting!!! Breckin is a doll, so tiny. Tell her to cherish every second because before long he will be a big boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for your brother and sister in law! It's amazing how baby fever will sneak up on you! I still have a little one and I'm shocked how ready I am to do it all over again! :) Congrats auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jen on your 2nd nephew! Your Dad must be thrilled to have a baby boy with the family name! I am sure your brother and Meagan are also ecstatic! Happy news...happy day! I don't know reading that post...I give you 2 years before you are ready for number 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Auntie Jen!!! Being an aunt is so fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Jen, how exciting!! Do they have names picked out yet? Thanks again for everything, we loved our visit on Tuesday & I LOVE these pics you took of all of us...the close up of my sweet Breckin is precious :) Enjoy your day! <3, Bre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! So excited for your growing family:) The pictures of my sweet nephew are adorable. Isn't he precious??

    ReplyDelete