Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Pops!!!!

Pops...you always say that, "getting old is hell" and I guess in some ways it is. For one thing, you get more forgetful as the years go buy and start doing silly things. Luckily, you have never done anything as silly as leave your phone on your bumper and drive away. Oh wait...you did. It's already happening Pops! Ahh!!

But hey, there's also a positive side to getting older. I mean just think...if we didn't age and move on with our lives (and fashion trends)....we would all still be dressed like this...


YIKES!!!!!!

And if we didn't grow up, we wouldn't be able to experience all the joys that come with each new chapter of our lives. You've been able to witness all three of your kid's weddings and become a Grandpa not once...


But twice.


And in July, you'll become a Grandpa for the THIRD time!!

Being older also means that you get to pass on your wisdom to your kids and grandkids...


And believe me Dad, you have taught me more than you will ever realize. When I say I am lucky to have you, I mean it with all my heart.

We hope you have a wonderful birthday Pops!!! Love you and can't wait to see you later today :-)


4 comments:

  1. So sweet!! So, I nominated you for a blog award. Come check it out on my blog www.findinglalaland.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, I am one proud POPS!! I have six great kids, two grand kids and many more to come. Thats what getting older is all about to me.
    love you all!!!!
    POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish all of the network of friends have a new start .
    >
    hope you have a great 2011. Thanks for the link, sweetie!
    Titanium Necklaces

    ReplyDelete