Friday, February 11, 2011

In Case I Haven't Said it Enough

Some days, I wonder when I became an adult. Sure I do a lot of "adult" things every day like pay bills, take care of a home, take care of my kids, go to work, etc. but when I am really stressed or scared, I turn into a 5-year-old girl who only wants to talk to her mommy and daddy. I want them to help me and tell me that everything is going to be all right. Some people aren't lucky enough to have parents who live only 5 minutes away. Some people aren't lucky enough to have both of their parents alive and healthy. Some people aren't lucky enough to have parents who are willing to drop anything to help their kids...even though they are 30-years-old and clearly capable of taking care of themselves.

But I am. I am one of the lucky ones. I have two of the best parents in the world.


This has been a challenging week. I've been in "survival mode". Eric has been working long hours, we have had a lot of obligations, the kids have been under the weather, etc. So like I said...when I feel stressed, scared or overwhelmed...I turn to my parents.

Every day this week, one or both of my parents have been there to help me out with something. Between getting up at 4:30a.m. to come over and watch the kids so I could sit at preschool registration, or driving out in -30 degree weather to help me scrub blood off my carpet when Howie cut is paw...my parents have been logging some serious hours for me. In my head I am shouting, "THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT YOU!" But I am not sure if I say it outloud enough. I think maybe sometimes I take for granted how good I have it and how lucky I am to have two parents who do SO MUCH for me.

So Mom and Dad, in case I haven't said it enough this week.

Thank you.

I love you.

And I honestly don't know what I would do without you :-)

4 comments:

  1. You know mom and I live for you kids. we will always be there for you and the boys and families.Thats what parents are for, until when we move to Florida. HAHAHA.
    love all you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I totally hear ya. I'm the same way with my parents. Sometimes it almost bugs me how much I want my parents approval and love and attention still. I guess no matter how "adult" we'll always be their kids. Thanks for your comment on my blog. So nice to know people like me are out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will always be there for you...always! And even though I sometimes "lose" it myself, you know how much we love you and want to make things alright! All of our kids are our life now and we wouldn't want it any other way! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may or may not have cried while reading this post. So sweet...not only do they help us out in the way you mentioned, but it sure is nice to have a role model for how to do this whole parenting gig...Well said friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete