Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Menu Monday: Lasagna Skillet

I realize I am a day late with this, but now that I am feeling human again, I thought I would post this week's recipe and menu. This is one of my FAVORITE I-have-no-motivation-to-cook-tonight recipes because it is so delicious and SO EASY!!! Here's what you need:

Lasagna Skillet

1 lb. ground beef
26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
8-oz. wide egg noodles, cooked
8 oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese

* Suggestions: If you plan to use jarred sauce, I love Prego's Garden Chunky because it has a TON of veggies in it. I also use freshly grated parmesan. It makes a huge difference if you ask me.

Step 1: Brown ground beef in saucepan; drain. Stir in sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.


Step 2: Add cooked noodles and mix.


Step 3: Add mozzarella cheese and mix.


Here is your final product...


I always wait to sprinkle the Parmesan until the food is on the plate. That way, I can give Eric just a little sprinkle, and give myself a huge pile. Ha! I like to serve this with some cheesy garlic bread too.

So there you go! A cheap, delicious, EASY meal that can be ready in no time. I make this a lot because it is a huge hit with the kids too.

This Week's Menu

Monday: Leftovers from the weekend
Tuesday: Mac & Cheese
Wednesday: Country Noodle Soup and Paninis
Thursday: Baked Spaghetti and Garlic Bread
Friday: Chinese
Saturday: Mexican Stuffed Potatoes
Sunday: Valentine's Dinner :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Jen. I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I think I will make this tonight! I love easy ideas when I'm trying to get dinner made with two kiddos running around.

    ReplyDelete