Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowapalooza 2011

I think it's pretty awesome that Old Man Winter decided to celebrate my SIL Meagan's 30th birthday with nearly 30 inches of snow!! She gets the day off work and because she is preggers, she gets to lay on the couch all day while she watches my brother shovel :-) I can't really think of a better way to spend what should have been a work day. Hope you have a FABULOUS birthday Aunt Meagan!!! Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend!


I have really gotten a kick out of all the media coverage of our snowstorm. It's not just a "blizzard" anymore. It's been called the "Storm of the Century" and a "Snowpocolypse" and my personal favorite, a "Snowapalooza". We got around 18-20 inches of snow with drifts as high as 4 feet. My brother and SIL live up north and they got closer to 30 inches with drifts! It was definitely an awesome snowstorm, with lighting and thunder to boot :-) We made sure to get lots of pictures.

Here is our patio set that never made it to storage...


And here is our walkway after Eric snowblowed...


It was really a beautiful snow...


And Eric couldn't wait to get out in it...


The kids were glued to the window all morning...


And after a LOT of begging, I finally bundled Addie up and sent her out to play with Eric...


She was a BIG helper :-)


For about 5 minutes. Then it was time to play...


Poor Blake was SUPER jealous that Addie got to go play...


So I decided to bundle him up too :-)


Here I am with my two little snowbunnies...


Our neighbors Bob and Zeta were already out shoveling too so the kids stopped over to say "Hi"...


In fact, ALL our neighbors were out "playing"...


So we took a group picture to remember the day :-)


It turns out that my son is exactly like me...10 minutes in the snow is all he needs and then he is ready to go in...


But not this chic. She is EXACTLY like her father. She would stay out all day...


But after a couple hours, it was time for the kids to come in and for Eric to clear off the back patio...


You know...so this poor guy could go to the bathroom. It sucks being only a foot tall. Ha!


So now that we are all inside, it's time for some HOT CHOCOLATE!! I think that's the best part of a snow day in my opinion. I hope everyone out there survived the blizzard! I am not sure if the Groundhog saw his shadow but after today...I am REALLY looking forward to Spring :-)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Meagan's birthday will go down in the record books!! And as much as the blizzard shuts down EVERYTHING, I still love it! And my favorite name for the storm is "Da Blizzard" just like "Da Bears." Unfortunately one kicked butt and one did not!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and VERY cute picture of you and your neighbors. You are so lucky to have a fabulous culdesac full of wonderful people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen- it is so funny to see all that snow and have it not be a yearly occurance. In upstate NY, we get a lot of snow, usually only that high a few times a season, but it doesn't really shut things down around here. Fortunately the schools were off today, but that's only because the big wigs panicked about the sleeting rain. Yeah for that! Good for you taking the kids out to play. I hate being in the cold for any significant amount of time which is ironic given where I live! :) Hope everyone stays safe to enjoy the "blizzard"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Isn't the snow crazy?? I love the pics of lakeshore drive on the news and the stranded Bus, not funny to be stranded but funny how crazy this storm is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Blake, he looks like Alfie on the movie Christmas Story with his arms out. Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you wish you could just be a kid an go roll around in it? Now the little ones will have something to talk about to their kids someday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I said on FB... All of those pictures make me want a nice steaming hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate from your fancy coffee machine and to take a nap on your couch!!! HAHAHA!

    When that kind of weather hits... I always feel bad for the (truly) homeless people and homeless pets! :*( Kind of like I feel bad for those same people here when it pours so much that it's flooding in places.

    But, it sure is pretty to look at as long as you're safely at home!!! Looks like you all had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our neighborhood looks the same as yours does. It is nice to see how together everyone comes with big things like snow storms, all pitching in to get rid of the snow so people can move a little further than a foot down the road without getting stuck. Your kiddos are so cute all bundled :)

    ReplyDelete