Friday, March 11, 2011

Mommy-Daughter Day!

Today was Addie's 3 year check-up and since Nana and Papa had Blake for the morning, I thought I would make a day of it with my little sweetie. I actually tried to reschedule this appointment yesterday so that I could get her and Blake in together (Blake will need his 15 month in a couple weeks) but I am really glad it didn't work out because I LOVED getting some alone time with Addie today.

She was so fantastic at the doctor's office. She listened to everything the doc said, she sat still when he checked her out, and when he tried to be funny and put the stethoscope up to her foot she said, "That's not my heart silly!" I was so proud of her for being such a big girl.


And big girl she is! She measured 40 inches, which is above the 95th percentile for height and she was 32.8 pounds. The nurse said she is taller than a lot of 4-year-olds! She is a string bean just like I was :-)

After her appointment, I promised her a trip to Barnes and Noble to pick out a new book. 30 minutes and 3 new books later, we were off to grab some lunch. We went to Red Robin to get a burger and when I dropped a hint to the waitress that it was her birthday this past week, they brought her out some balloons and a delicious hot fudge sundae. I didn't even get a good picture because we were too busy eating :-)

She held my hand all day today and at one point she told me she wanted to have a lot more lunches with mama. I might have had to choke back a few tears at that point.

All the excitement of our morning pretty much did her in for the rest of the afternoon. She snoozed in the car...


And we've done nothing but play Play-Doh with Blake all afternoon. It was such a fun day and I am SO happy I wasn't able to switch her appointment because all this alone time with her was special :-)

I hope you all had a great Friday too! Quick update on my Dad...he was able to go to his eye doctor this afternoon and all looks good! We still have to wait at least 8 weeks to see how much vision comes back, but everything is healing nicely and he no longer has to sit in his torture chair. Yay! It's going to be a good weekend for Pops!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you got some time with Addie alone. She is such a doll. And Blake was a very good boy for us! You must do it again!

    ReplyDelete