Thursday, March 17, 2011

A St. Patty's Day Dinner

If I would have planned ahead, went grocery shopping, and remembered it was St. Patty's day BEFORE today, I would have loved to have made this delicious dinner. Martha Stewart featured this Cheddar-Topped Shepherd's Pie and it looks so delicious, I may make it this weekend as a belated St. Patty's celebration :-)


She also featured these Irish Coffee Cupcakes that look good enough to eat right off the page. YUM!!!!!


I am usually so good about holidays and I always like doing something special for the kids. But today, I had my SIL Dana and the kids over for a playdate and it didn't even dawn on me until I got some St. Patty's day texts from my friends! Whoops! Sorry Irish friends. I will be better next year :-)

So for those of you that did remember, what did you do to celebrate today? If you don't have kids (or managed to get a babysitter) you may still be celebrating right now. Ahh...memories :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, esp. the cupcakes! I usually do a brisket but this year we went the easy route since we have had such a busy week and did BBQ! I told the kiddos it was Irish BBQ (Ha!) and put a little green food coloring in some sprite for them! Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had shepard's pie and guiness stew in Ireland!! It's actually really good!!

    ReplyDelete