Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blake is 15 Months Old!

Technically, Blake is 15 months, 1 week, and 1 day old. I know I am a little behind...but I have been waiting to post his 15 month update until we had his doctors appointment. I always like to post his weight, which actually shocked me today! He is still only 22 pounds!! That is the 15-2oth percentile for weight, which is just mind blowing since his sister was well over the 75th percentile when she was his age. But it is just abundantly clear now that Blake will be taking after his Daddy's build. As a kid, everyone called Eric "Bones" because he was long and lanky. Looks like the Blakester will be inheriting that nickname too :-)

At the doctor's office today, Blake was in great spirits. He was playing, eating some goldfish crackers and flirting with nurses. Just look at that mischievous little grin...


Addie spent the morning at Aunt Dana's so that Blake and I could have some quality time together. And boy...was I glad that it was just him and I because I needed both my hands (and arms and legs) to restrain this boy when they tried to check his hemoglobin. WHEW! You'd think they cut his whole toe off or something. This little man of mine is nothing short of dramatic these days.

I suppose he had a right to be dramatic today. Not only did the nurse have to prick him twice to get enough blood for the test, but then he had to get a shot before we left. Poor guy :-( I really hate watching him cry. And trust me...I see it a LOT lately.

For the past few months, I have been starting to wonder if I jinxed myself by bragging about what a happy, content little baby Blake was. He never cried, he always had a smile on his face and even when he was sad or agitated, all you had to do was make a funny face and he would be over it. But these days, Blake is full of emotion. If he is happy...he is REALLY happy. But if he is sad or mad...he is REALLY sad or mad. The boy can throw a marathon tantrum like no other. But of course, he only throws these tantrums for me. Eric and my mom and everyone else who has watched Blake tells me he is great. A bit of a crybaby...but great. So why does he only throw tantrums like this for me? Since no one seems to believe me...I took a little video. The clip is too long so I can't figure out how to post it but trust me...it's hilarious. And I intend to show it to everyone who says that Blake is angel. Haha! Sorry buddy!

Now, in addition to being a little more dramatic these days, Blake has also become a VERY picky eater. The doctor gave me some great suggestions and just tonight I broke out my toddler cookbooks. I need to get more creative (and strict) about my kid's eating habits, but getting a plan in place will take some work. I may do a separate post about this so all us mommies with picky eaters can share recipes and ideas :-)

I realize that I am being a little hard on Blakey boy right now by picking out all of his faults. He can't help that he is a sensitive man that knows what he wants :-) So lets focus on some of the amazing and wonderful things that Blake has accomplished these last few months.

For starters, he is a walking MACHINE! Actually, he is more of a running machine now. You can't slow this kid down to save your life. This has been especially exciting for Addie because Blake can finally keep up with her. The two of them love playing outside and Blake would literally spend all day, everyday, outside if he could. It's going to be a fun summer :-)

And speaking of Addie...Blake has added another word to his vocabulary."Ada". That's what he calls Addie right now and I think it is just the sweetest thing. He is usually up before her in the morning and whenever we hear her in her room, Blake will run down the hallway and yell, "Ada, Ada, Ada". I wonder if that nickname will stick?

Now, perhaps the most exciting news (for me anyway) is that Blake is FINALLY sleeping the night!!! WOOHOO! Ever since I quit nursing and Blake switched to milk, it's like he has no interest in waking up at night anymore. He knows I am not coming in to nurse or rock him so he doesn't even bother. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to not have to worry about him getting up 3-4 times a night. And he is definitely a happier man in the morning.

And like I said...when Blake is happy...he is REALLY happy. Blake has become the biggest cuddler with me lately and I love that so much. I love his hugs and kisses and the way he lays his head on my shoulder when he is ready for bed. I love when he calls, "mama" from his crib in the morning, and I LOVE when he flashes me that sweet smile. He really is a charmer and I have a feeling I am going to be in BIG trouble when he reaches high school. Lord help us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment