Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Trip to the Dentist!

When I was a kid, I HATED going to the dentist. Hell...I still hate going to the dentist! So when Addie turned 3 this year, I was a little scared thinking about her first visit. I could just picture her freaking out, kicking the table of instruments, punching the doctor, scaring the rest of the office with her blood curdling screams, you name it.

But I am happy to report that NONE of that happened today! Addie was such a good girl!!! We talked about the dentist a lot this week. We talked about how the dentist would count her teeth, polish them with a special brush and then "paint them" with fluoride. But the thing she was most excite about was the chair...


And maybe the sunglasses :-)


Everyone that worked in this pediatric dental office was amazing. They were friendly and fun and best of all PATIENT! While we waited for the doctor to come in, the hygienist even let Addie dress up like a doctor...


Dr. Addison. Can't you just see it now?


Addie got a thumbs up from Dr. Tom and she was able to put her first entry into the no-cavity club! I only pray that she can enter that every time we visit. Going to the dentist today made me want to be better about teaching Addie how to brush and floss properly. And as soon as Blake turns 2, he will be heading in for his first visit too!

If any of you live in my area and want an AMAZING pediatric dentist, send me an e-mail and I will give you all the details :-)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you found a great pediatric dentist. Sorry I tortured you kids with a lousy one growing up! I won't mention his name but you know who he is! So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon had a crappy dentist growing up too. He's always hated it... Now he has a good one. While I don't enjoy the dentist like I used to as a kid, I don't absolutely hate it.

    Addie is the cutest little Doctor!!! Just think, you'll get a GREAT nursing home if she becomes a Doc!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks too cute! Glad to hear that Addie has no cavities!

    ReplyDelete