Friday, April 29, 2011

In Honor of the Royal Wedding

Do you know what today is? Well if you don't....you obviously haven't watched TV or read a magazine in 5 months because it's the ROYAL WEDDING!!! I'm not going to lie...I have ABC and E! on my DVR recording every exciting moment. I just can't wait to see the bride's dress and Prince William's handsome face.

You know...watching all this coverage of the Royal Wedding kind of makes me think of my own wedding. It was by no means "Royal", but it was definitely a fairytale :-) My day was everything I dreamed it would be and more. Every detail was perfect.

From my flowers...


To the location...


To my beautiful cake...


I couldn't have asked for more. Even the 90 degree, humid weather couldn't dampen my spirits. It was the one time in my life that I could put on a beautiful dress and be a princess...


My mom was my rock through the whole wedding planning process...


And all my girlfriends were there to make me smile whenever I got a little too stressed. Ha!


I can still remember how I felt as my Dad walked me down the isle...


And how I felt when Pastor Chuck talked about love and friendship...


I also remember our Hollywood kiss as we walked away as husband and wife...


The day was magical. I mean...how often does your best friend become your SISTER?!


Eric and I are both blessed with so much love and support from our family and friends. Cheers to that!


For me...the BEST part of the WHOLE day was getting to let loose and have some fun. In case you didn't know, I love to dance. Here I am with my Pops...


And dancing with my hubby to our song, "Get to Me" by Train...


Looking back at the pictures, it seems that I did NOTHING but dance the whole night. I didn't mingle, sip cocktails or lounge on the patio. I was busting a move with anyone and everyone that would get out on the floor with me.

See...


Dancing...


And more dancing...


I went into that wedding with 2 parents, and came out with 4 :-)


Ahh...I just love looking back on our wedding day. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to reminisce a bit so thanks for going along for the ride :-)

I can only imagine what Kate is feeling right now. Like any bride, she is probably nervous, excited, drunk, ready to puke, or all of the above. I mean, I only had to walk down the isle and say my vows in front of about 300 people. She has to do it in front of 3 BILLION! And I will proudly be one of them.

Now if you will all excuse me, I have to get back to the coverage.

Happy Royal Wedding Day friends!

5 comments:

  1. What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! Your wedding looked beautiful. I've been glued to the coverage of the royal wedding all day. I'm so excited for them. They look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding looks GORGEOUS! :) Maybe one day I'll be lucky and have even a fraction of the awesomeness that was your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm peeved because I just realized that my comment never showed up here. Damnit.

    So, mostly I can't remember what I said except that the picture of you & your flowers is my absolute favorite and if it's not hanging somewhere in your house (I can't remember?) it should be!!! I love it! I'd like to rewind time so you can invite me to your wedding? You would, right? lol! It looks gorgeous!

    I'm not really into the Royal Wedding. We've been staying with Brandon's grandma while his grandpa is on his way out... and she was TOTALLY into the wedding. She stayed up ALL night (started at 2 or 3 our time) and I got up to let the dogs out about the time that Kate (why does she spell it with a K when her name is Catherine?) walked down the aisle. I get that it is history... and all. But I just don't like how stuffy it all is and all so... for everyone else? Like I wonder what the couple would have actually wanted if they had their way? Would they want it to be so stuffy & impersonal? Would they want the Queen to show up looking like a stick of butter? HA! And, I'm not going to lie. I think it's weird that thet got married in the same place that his mother's funeral was held... They did that, right? Creepy.

    ReplyDelete